What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

opening pages

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone's wanting to open two Web pages at once, there's an app called SplitScreen. It divides your iPad screen into two screens -- one roughly one-third of the iPad screen; the other roughly two-thirds.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If anyone's wanting to open two Web pages at once, there's an app called SplitScreen. It divides your iPad screen into two screens -- one roughly one-third of the iPad screen; the other roughly two-thirds.

Hi KKK - thanks for the mention of the app SplitScreen - I do/did this all of the time on my Windows computers, but did not think that the iPad had the same options until the mention of this program. I went to the App Store and took a look (a 'free' Lite version & a full one for just a buck, i.e. USA); however, I was quite disappointed in the reviews (see attached screen shot from the developer's age on the store) - so just curious for those who may have used this app, is it ready for 'prime time' or should one wait? Thanks for any input - Dave :)

SplitScreen.jpg

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use SplitScreen without problem. I have Google open on one side and a news site open on another, for instance. Or Wikipedia on one side, and news on another. I've used it for months without problem.

If there's a free version of an app that I might find useful, I simply try and delete if it doesn't work. Reviews can be random, especially if your uses don't mirror others'.

And by the way, my name is Kay, not K. There were other users with Kay and KayKay, so I just added Kays till one worked.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use SplitScreen without problem. I have Google open on one side and a news site open on another, for instance. Or Wikipedia on one side, and news on another. I've used it for months without problem.

Hi Kay - thanks for the response - might now give it a try; I've wanted to split that screen a number of times! :)

Sorry about the name issue, meant no harm, and I assumed you name was such - Dave :(

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Kay - thanks for the response - might now give it a try; I've wanted to split that screen a number of times! :)

Sorry about the name issue, meant no harm, and I assumed you name was such - Dave :(

No sweat about the name thing.

If you try the app and like or don't like, maybe add a review here in case others are interested? My uses for it are narrow, so I'm not saying it'll meet everyone else's.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks,il give that a try.

benwee54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I am really curious to find out how you can get that elusive double square icon on your web browser to open multiple web pages. I just bought an ipad2 in Thailand, and I don't have that icon, so someone suggested I should update to iOS 5.0.1, being the latest, and I have and Still no square icon, even the good folks at Apple here couln't help. Can you please shed any light?
Many thanks,
Ben

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With iOS 5, Apple introduced tabs to Safari. So, there is no more "double square icon" to open up multiple web pages. Now, you just open tabs by pressing on the plus sign ("+") in the upper right side of the browser.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts