What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

opening pages

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi,can anyone tell me how to open several at a time on my ipad2?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, you'll need to be a little more specific? Do you want different pages open on the same screen w/i the same app, such as a web browser and/or two different apps showing at the same time?

From my understanding, the standard (not a JB iPad, which I cannot address) iPad cannot show two separate pages on the same screen simultaneously - wish that the device could!

Now, web browsers can have multiple pages open and one can jump between them w/ the menu options; also, apps that are exited are still available to be opened quickly, just 'double hit' the home button and a row of 'inactive' apps will appear - select the one desired, but again the app that is currently active will disappear from the screen.

Maybe there is a 'work around', so being new to the iPad, I would be interested in viewing further responses - :)

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks,i found the icon at the top of the browser,the one like two squares one on top of the other,apparently its sometimes at bottom right so thats where i was looking,anyway that gives you up to 9 screens so that should be ok,it would have been nice to have a dedicated button to show all screens that are open like i have on mt mpb(expose)but we cant have it all eh.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks,i found the icon at the top of the browser,the one like two squares one on top of the other,apparently its sometimes at bottom right so thats where i was looking,anyway that gives you up to 9 screens so that should be ok,it would have been nice to have a dedicated button to show all screens that are open like i have on mt mpb(expose)but we cant have it all eh.

My mistake - I thought you were referring to the WP app from Apple, 'Pages'.

Tim

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

My mistake - I thought you were referring to the WP app from Apple, 'Pages'.

Tim

no problem,thanks for the response

benwee54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, glad you found the double square icon at the top of your browser to open multiple web pages. However, I can't seem to find it anywhere!! I am connecting to the web by 3G. Do I need to download any programe to see that icon or do I need to be connected via wifi. I am a bit baffled.
Cheers for any help
Ben

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you using iOS 5.0 or 5.0.1 on your iPad?

If so, then Apple has changed the look of Safari. Now, instead of the icon to open multiple pages, Safari uses tabs. So, in Safari, you will see a plus sign at the top right of the screen (underneath the search bar). Press that and you'll get a new tab, which is, in effect, a new page.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions