What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

opening Pages doc in PerfectReader

revjane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just started preaching from my iPad. I write my sermon in Word on my Laptop, save it as a pdf to Dropbox, and open it in PerfectReader.
But when I am traveling, I would like to be able to edit/create on my laptop, and open it in PerfectReader to preach from. I have tried writing in Pages, emailing it to myself in pdf, but I can't figure out how to open it in PerfectReader.
I also have tried iWriter, but didn't get any further with it.
It kind of defeats the purpose, if I have to take my laptop with me everywhere as well.
Any suggestions, anyone?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you receive the PDF in your email, touch the attachment. Mail will open it. Now touch the document and you'll see a menu appear at the top of the screen. Touch the 'curly arrow' icon and you'll be offered the option to 'Open in PerfectReader'.

Tim

OP
R

revjane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I email the document to myself as pdf, it just sends it in the body of the email, not as an attachment, so there is no option to open it in PerfectReader

OP
R

revjane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
btw, I had trouble posting my reply on my iPad, so had to switch to my PC laptop, but that is a different problem

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When the attachment shows up in the body of the email, tap and hold anywhere on the document. You should get a popup menu with the usual Open In... options.

Most reactions

Latest posts