What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opening large Word files on ipad

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a Word file which includes a graphic, several charts and text and is 9mb in size when it is sent by email. But I cannot get any app to open it, either from email or Dropbox etc. I compressed it to a zip file hoping that Goodreader would open it, but no luck. Quick office and Polaris will open it but miss out most of the charts. Any ideas please?

MarinaM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IWork Pages won't open it either?
Do you need to edit this file or just read? If you dont need to edit your word file then you should just turn it into PDF.

Last edited:
OP
michali

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. I cannot open in Pages as it will not even open in Mail! So I cannot use the "open in" function. As a PDF it will open in all my apps but I may need to edit.

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Word file which includes a graphic, several charts and text and is 9mb in size when it is sent by email. But I cannot get any app to open it, either from email or Dropbox etc. I compressed it to a zip file hoping that Goodreader would open it, but no luck. Quick office and Polaris will open it but miss out most of the charts. Any ideas please?

How about uploading the file to Onlive Desktop website and accessing it by running Onlive Desktop in your Ipad.

OP
michali

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had thought of that and may have to do that. I really wanted to save it on my iPad but will have to stick to the PDF version.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try breaking the original file into two files (or more). Hopefully it's amenable to some kind of logical division.

That's all I can think of if the usual apps can't do the job.

Most reactions

Latest posts