What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opening files/links on a website

George29575

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good evening all, I am new to the forum and the iPad.
My problem, which I have contacted apple about but they couldn't help, is I have logged in to my university website to access course content, timetables etc and folder icons are listed to access these, I have tried single tap and double tap and neither opens the link/info. What a I doing wrong? So frustrated as bought iPad for the purpose of study and I cannot open simple links! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 203

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's possible that the college site is using a plugin like Flash or Java. Neither is supported directly on the iPad. To give this theory a test, try downloading the free version of the Puffin browser and see if it works. It's limited to 15 days, so if it does work you you'll either need to buy the full version or look for another Flash enabled browser.

Good luck.

OP
G

George29575

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh my dear goodness me thank you!!!!! Apple could not sort this out for me and thanks to this forum I have solved a problem .....thanks so much.

Most reactions

Latest posts