1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Opening apps

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by ctmomof3, Nov 27, 2011.

1. ctmomof3

ctmomof3 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All of a sudden I can't open any apps using my wireless. They time out ..just hang..or I get "no data available" If I use 3G I seem to be fine. Also sending email or emailing my pictures is taking forever. Any suggestions on what the problem is and how do I fix it.
    I've tried powering down but that doesn't work.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    Have you tried rebooting your router?

The Archangel
  3. ctmomof3

ctmomof3 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh nope didn't think of that as it showed I was connected. I will try that now maybe the signal is week.
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +812 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

As already stated, 'power recycling' your internet devices often is the first step to correct connection problems, but keep in mind that you likely have both a modem (hooked to the cable of your ISP) and also a router (which likely is broadcasting your Wi-Fi signal) - the devices could be combined into one unit; if you have two separate devices then you need to power off both, and then sequentially re-power the modem followed by the router - see if that helps?

If not, then you might want to also 'Restart' and if not successful 'Reset' your iPad - directions HERE - good luck!
  5. ctmomof3

ctmomof3 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, disconnected then reconnected modem and router seems issue is fixed.