What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open vpn for ipad2?

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, check under General>Network>VPN
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311628066.637626.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just for clarification, what is 'open' VPN vs. other VPN options? :confused:

I connect to my office computer using a web-based portal that employs Citrix as an 'interface' - this is going through 'remote desktop' using a VISTA laptop - I've tried the Citrix app on the iPad but w/o success.

So, just wondering what else I need to learn and/or try to connect to my office computer on the iPad - curious about what my PC desktop will look like on my iPad and what I may be able to do w/ the material there - :)

bookdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess if you have a corporate VPN you could connect. But I'm not sure about open VPN. If not, try

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Lagranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^ true.

There have been several attempts at getting iOS devices to interoperate with OpenVPN but so far (as of iOS 4.x) no one has been able to do it w/o a jailbreak. Maybe with iOS 5...

OP
M

my_ipad_2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lagranger said:
^ true.

There have been several attempts at getting iOS devices to interoperate with OpenVPN but so far (as of iOS 4.x) no one has been able to do it w/o a jailbreak. Maybe with iOS 5...

I see thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts