What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open .plp.pdf files in Safari

Zeenat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I just got my IPad 2 and I can't get it to open .plp.pdf links in Safari. It will open links that end in .pdf only but not those ending in .plp.pdf. I've got iBooks and Stanza installed and these don't open the PDF either. It essentially opens a blank document in these apps. The links open fine on my Windows machine and on my MacBook.

Anyone have any idea what app I could use to open these?

Thanks!

Z

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari can only open a very restricted number of file types and this type is not supported. You can use a third-party browser, such as iCab, to download the file but you'll need to find an app that can open the file once it's downloaded.

Tim

OP
Z

Zeenat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim

Any idea which third party app would open the file type? I've even tried downloading the file to my PC, renaming it to .PDF and transferring to my iPad via Dropbox but it still doesn't open in Stanza or iBooks.

Thanks
Z

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not aware of an app, so we'll need to wait for other Members, who may have suggestions.

Tim

OP
Z

Zeenat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

It looks like the problem is not the file extension but the fact that the PDF is protected so it can't be changed or printed. Is there any application you know of that would open protected PDF files?

Thanks

Z

Most reactions

Latest posts