What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open iPad that is email / password locked. How to do this?

youaretall123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here.
I have legitimately been given an iPad form work. It was left in lost property for ages. Never claimed so they gave it to me.

I have been to Apple and had the password / pin removed to gain access ( this wiped anything that was on it.
But, I can't get into it still as It requires a password to the email. Of course I have no idea. Apple told me that without this I can't use it. Safety feature in case it was stolen.... how ironic as I didn't steal it.

Is there a way to get past this??
It'll just go in the bin if I can't and that is such waste!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is there a way to get past this??
It'll just go in the bin if I can't and that is such waste!!

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) As already stated, you appear to be 'locked out' of the iPad - not sure which model the device may be, but I would suggest a donation so that the parts can at least be recycled - there are plenty of options, but for starters, take a look at Apple Reuse & Recycling Program - Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts