What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open in items

ozsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to edit the items that show up in Open in? For some reason, Good Reader that I want to use to read PDF and other files do not show up on the list and a number of other applications show up. How can I ensure that Good Reader shows up on the list?

Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For whatever reason Open In... will only list 10 apps. Usually this is the first 10 you downloaded. If you have a lot of PDF style apps that you don't use, try deleting a few. You should be able to add them back later, once GoodReader starts appearing on the list again.

Also, if you don't see 10 apps, try scrolling down. There may be more that don't appear in the chooser window.

And to answer your question directly. No, there is no way to edit them. I don't think it occurred to Apple that people would download more than 10 apps for the same file types. Hopefully they've seen the errors of the ways and are working on some improvements.

Last edited:
OP
O

ozsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. The interesting thing is that applications that I had added way after GoodReader show up but not GoodReader. I'll try doing what you suggested and see what happens.

Most reactions