What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Open In.." function not working

jpang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I own 1st gen IPAD for a year already, and since the first time (before jailbreaking) I got problem with "Open In..." function, sometimes it worked, sometimes not..

after jailbreaking, it's completely not working, any file that I want to open in another apps is simply not doable.
the apps list is there, but I cannot open it.. not working at all.

any suggestion for this one?

thanks,

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, what are the Cydia tweaks you have loaded on your iPad? If we see the list, maybe we can see which one is causing you the trouble.

I ask for that because I've installed practically every tweak from Cydia in a "try it out mode" and I've never come across this situation. So, there must be some combo you've got going that'll cause it. With the list, it'll help us narrow it down.

Of course, I'm assuming you've tried a respring and/or reboot of your iPad, first...

Marilyn

OP
J

jpang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the quick response

Aside from the basic cydia, I installed sbsetting, sbsetting toggle, locktopus and mywi

And no actionmenu is installed and i have tried resring and restart many times.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. Very strange - 'cause none of those tweaks should cause that problem.

Next question: What app are you in that you are trying to use "Open In..."? And, what type of file are you trying to open. And what app are you trying to open?

Maybe that'll help us narrow it down...

Marilyn

OP
J

jpang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Huh. Very strange - 'cause none of those tweaks should cause that problem.

Next question: What app are you in that you are trying to use "Open In..."? And, what type of file are you trying to open. And what app are you trying to open?

Maybe that'll help us narrow it down...

Marilyn

Hi.. It happens on every apps.. No exception..

I google it, and found nothing the case similar to me..

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jpang said:

Not sure I understand....only time "open in" will show if you are trying to open a file as Marilyn said. It won't show if trying to open an actual app from the springboard

Are you able to load the file into goodreader for ex. and use it's open in function?

Which apps do you have locktapus controlling? Are they associated with the file you are trying to open?

Last edited:
OP
J

jpang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jpang said:

Not sure I understand....only time "open in" will show if you are trying to open a file as Marilyn said. It won't show if trying to open an actual app from the springboard

Are you able to load the file into goodreader for ex. and use it's open in function?

Which apps do you have locktapus controlling? Are they associated with the file you are trying to open?

I have goodreader, airsharing, doc2go.. All of them have option to "Open In..." other apps, when i tap it, the app list shows coreectly, but if i tap an app, let says iBook from Goodreader, then the iBook wont show, and so the other apps.

I had deleted the locktopus, it seems doesn't fix anything

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't seen any response to the question you were asked about performing a full reboot.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since Locktopus is an app which locks access to other apps, I would try uninstalling that to see if it makes a difference... just a hunch...

OP
J

jpang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Full Reboot... Many times.

Locktopus.. Deleted..

But still no fix occured.

Any idea?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. I'm stumped. I have over 70 JB tweaks and apps installed and no problems here. I don't think this has anything to do with your jailbreak.

Most reactions

Latest posts