What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

" open in" email function ipad2

alex1440

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't get this function to appear in my email page.Any ideas?

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
alex1440 said:
Can't get this function to appear in my email page.Any ideas?

It is only email-attachments you can only "Open in..." another app, no emails themselves.
If there is only one app that the attachment can be opened in, then only that one App will be listed as a button i.e. "Open in Numbers". If there are more Apps that claim to be able to open the file type, only the the "Open in ..." Button will appear.

As said, just the attachment. when viewing the attachment tap once and the action button will appear on the right top. Tapping it will allow you to open the attachment in another app or print it etc. On the upper left side is the back/ finished button...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

OP
A

alex1440

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Makes sense.
Is it possible to send email attachments from iPad?

OP
A

alex1440

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hpulmer said:
Yes. What kind of attachments. What do you want to send?

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Text / PDF / word.
Thanks again.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Makes sense.
Is it possible to send email attachments from iPad?

Yes, but you have to think opposite from what you know when using a computer. There is no central file you can "dip into" and select a file to attach to the e-mail - while you are in the Mail app.

With the iPad, you have to be in the app that contains the file. Then, that app will [usually] have an option/button to mail or share the file. Upon selecting that option, you will get a mail pop-up so you can fill out the e-mail details and then send the file.

Once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature. Just remember to think opposite... :)

Marilyn

OP
A

alex1440

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Yes, but you have to think opposite from what you know when using a computer. There is no central file you can "dip into" and select a file to attach to the e-mail - while you are in the Mail app.

With the iPad, you have to be in the app that contains the file. Then, that app will [usually] have an option/button to mail or share the file. Upon selecting that option, you will get a mail pop-up so you can fill out the e-mail details and then send the file.

Once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature. Just remember to think opposite... :)

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn. I'm new to iPad. Is it possible to create new email boxes?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn. I'm new to iPad. Is it possible to create new email boxes?

Oh, absolutely, as long as your e-mail account is an IMAP or Exchange account. If you a using a POP account, then you can't create folders on the iPad (or use them, for that matter).

Rather than me typing it all out (I'm lazy, BTW), please see my post in this thread (its post #4): http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/60856-extra-folder-mail-account.html

Hope this is what you want.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts