What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open email PDF attach.

Miguel_Magalhaes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm new here and I hope don't create a repeated topic but I searched for a answer here I didn't found it.
The problem is the... iOS6! I updated and suddenly I had a few problems. First, when I update a birthdate in my contacts doesn't sync with the calendar.
But the most annoying is when I receive an email with an attached PDF I can't open it on iBooks or any other app (only with a crappy one).
Am I the only one? Any suggestion?
Thank you in advance!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have not done so since the update, try restarting or reseting the iPad.

---------------------------
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
Miguel_Magalhaes

Miguel_Magalhaes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi twerppoet,

Thank you for your quick answer but didn't improve anything. I still have the problem...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. I can think of only one other thing to check. If you several apps that will handle PDF files, iBooks and GoodReader may have been pushed back on the list. The new iOS 6 method of showing compatible apps can show several screens of them. Just like the home screen, you can swipe to see if the lists is longer than the 9 shows on the first page.

Also like the home screen, there are little dots in the middle, near the bottom, that show how many pages are present.

That's all I can think of at the moment, other than deleting and reinstalling iBooks; which can be a pain if you have anything other than books from the iTunes store. You will have to email the PDF files to your self to save them, unless you have copies elsewhere.

Most reactions