1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Open app doesn't run

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Mikelito, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Mikelito

Mikelito iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just recently Im having an issue where I tap an app to open it the screen blinks and then stays on the app screen but the app is shown running in the bar below but isn't running on the screen. When I tap on it in the bar below it blinks but doesn't come up. Have I screwed up some setting or is my iPad acting up? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Redneck_Randy

Redneck_Randy iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Try a hard reset.

Hard Reset: press and hold both the home button and power until the ipad shuts off.
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,754 / 0
    It sounds as if that app has "crashed." So, first, hold on the icon in that bottom bar until it starts to wiggle. Then, when you see it, press on the red minus sign in the upper left corner. The app should disappear from the bottom bar (you're not deleting it - just fully closing it).

Then, do one (or both!) of these two things, restart and reset, to see if it makes the iPad/app "behave" better. To do:

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Hopefully, this should fix your issue and your app will run fine. If not, holler back and we'll try to figure things out. Good luck.

Marilyn