1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Onscree button

Discussion in 'Malaysian Dedicated iPad Forum' started by mashitahrahim, Jun 19, 2013.

1. mashitahrahim

mashitahrahim iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi. I just want to know does the Onscreen Button is available for iPad Mini? I found that it is inconvenient to use the Home button too frequent as it might cause damaging to the button. So, i think Onscreen button is very useful and important.
  2. ardchoille

ardchoille iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +210 / 1
    You'll find the on-screen button in Settings > General > Assistive Touch. Though it seems to have issues switching between landscape and portrait modes on my iPad. Turn it on while in portrait mode, that seems to help with the issues here.
  3. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,035 / 1
    If you go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Assistive Touch and turn on, you'll get the virtual home button.

image-200659071.jpg It can be placed in several places on the screen, here it's next to the real home button.

image-3976896366.jpg

If you tap it, you get this pop up and can choose one of 4 functions to assign each time you use it.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ardchoille

ardchoille iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +210 / 1
    You can also five-finger pinch to close an app, and four-finger swipe up to access the multitask bar. That should help cut down on the use of the home button as well.
  5. mashitahrahim

mashitahrahim iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, actually this is what i am searching for. But is it available for mini ipad? Because i've already seraching for that option in Setting>General but it is not found.
  6. mashitahrahim

mashitahrahim iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay i've already found it. Thanks!
  7. gazza959

gazza959 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have had the virtual Home button present on my screen for months! It was activated by an Apple store expert on previous iPad that I damaged the power connection on (home button is directly over the connection & was damaged when power cord got pulled).
    I've searched settings many times to find out how to disable the virtual button, as it is really intrusive at times, but without success, until now. I had no idea what Assistive Touch was.
    Once again, thanks to IPF, I've found the answer, & that pesky button is gone.
  8. csllanna

csllanna Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +265 / 0
    Good day to you,

We are happy that your problem has been solved.

Enjoy the surfing...^^