What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OnLive Desktop Brings Windows 7 and Microsoft Office to the iPad

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SONY007 said:
Any UK Ipad users got Onlive on their Ipad?

Yes, I have it although I gave up trying to use it first time around as it wouldn't open anything! I may give it another go over the weekend.

The Archangel

SONY007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have it although I gave up trying to use it first time around as it wouldn't open anything! I may give it another go over the weekend.

The Archangel

I'm assuming that your Ipad is also JB as is mine? Strange that, I wonder why I'm unable to get the app to open if it's not a JB issue.

SONY007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm assuming that your Ipad is also JB as is mine? Strange that, I wonder why I'm unable to get the app to open if it's not a JB issue.

Ok I got it sorted. Basically instead of installing it from my laptop using Itools or Itunes, I had to change my Itunes on my Ipad to US and then downloaded the app again using just my Ipad. It looks pretty cool by the way:thumbs:

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
you are remoting into a virtual desktop. You can only run so many virtual desktops per server so how else are they going to pay for their monthly server bills?

I just tried and got the message that the online service is full.

Admitted delay this is the first time I have been unable to use it.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
Also i'm wondering what they are doing for licensing costs as each license of windows 7 can be used for 4 virtual desktops.

They have recently announced OnLive Desktop Pro at $4.99 per month. Similar, PDF's able to be read, and FLASH on web sites will be able to be viewed without the use of a special browser (other than the one in OnLive that is).

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
juliegundy said:
So we can't get OnLive in Australia - is that correct? Does anyone know of anything similar available here?

Try setting up a US account in iTunes. The instructions are available on this forum. The app should be available to download.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

WilleyWinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
juliegundy said:
So we can't get OnLive in Australia - is that correct? Does anyone know of anything similar available here?

I have been using "CloudOn". A "Dropbox " email I received recommended I download the CloudOn app. Seems ok so far. Using with Dropbox updates iPhone, iPad and desktop for any excel, PowerPoint and word docs I edit on any device.

Willey:)

Most reactions