What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Online jailbreak

idonaveh3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard about a service called JailbreakMe. It's an online jailbreak right through the safari browser on the iDevice, but it is not supports on iPad 1 or 3.
I have ipad 1 ios 5.1.1 and ipad 3 ios 8.4.1. How can I jailbreak one of these devices online or at least install Cydia?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I heard about a service called JailbreakMe. It's an online jailbreak right through the safari browser on the iDevice, but it is not supports on iPad 1 or 3.
I have ipad 1 ios 5.1.1 and ipad 3 ios 8.4.1. How can I jailbreak one of these devices online or at least install Cydia?
There is no way I would trust this type of thing. Real jailbreaks are free and downloadable.

OP
I

idonaveh3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the moment, it's not possible to jailbreak iOS 8.4.1, afaik.

You've received an excellent answer to your question about jailbreaking your iPad 1 in your other thread:
Jailbreak | Apple iPad Forum

I know but I prefer to not use my computer, because it's company laptop and I'm not allowed to install programs on it, and it's the only computer that I have.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know but I prefer to not use my computer, because it's company laptop and I'm not allowed to install programs on it, and it's the only computer that I have.
Trying to jailbreak your iPad without using a computer, could be dangerous for your software.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In fact, installing a modern jailbreak like the Taig jailbreak on your iPad requires the use of a computer. Also, without the computer, there'd be no place to back up your iPad before the jailbreak. In addition, a jailbreak can't be removed from the iPad without it being connected to iTunes on a computer.
If you're serious about jailbreaking, you'll have to get your own computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts