1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Online Desktop (Windows and Office on your iPad via the Cloud)

Discussion in 'iPad at Work' started by AQ_OC, Jan 24, 2012.

1. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    I got this app running on my iPad 2 and I have to admit, this is really cool.

It gives you a scaled down version of what looks to be Win7 running a few important windows apps and the three main office programs. With the cloud storage they give you, you can actually do work on this. I have a Word document open, a powerpoint document open (one of mine), and WMP going in the background. All of it working just swimmingly. Oh..i'm using a bluetooth keyboard to type words into Word...but I do miss having a mouse or trackball. Windows touch interface is a bit of a problem, but not enough to not make this useful. It behaves in a very snappy manner.

Heck, this makes an iPad into a Chromebook!!! If you're on-campus and have good wifi...this rocks.

IMG_2409.jpg
  2. glamorous.jackieo

glamorous.jackieo iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This may sound like a stupid question, but what is the name of the app? I probably just completely read over it but I don't see it in here and I really need an app like this. Thanks for your help!!
  3. Quizzer2093

Quizzer2093 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I think it is either

1) onlive
    2) CloudOn

I usually use team viewer or logmein, I also have and use GoToMyPC
  4. ssarmazi

ssarmazi iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That sounds like OnLive Desktop.

While CloudOn gives you full Word/Excel/PowerPoint, it doesn't have a Windows desktop the way OnLive does.