1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Onedrive or googledrive app?

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Kevin43, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Kevin43

Kevin43 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi
    Help on deciding which one to go with for my iPhone 5s and iPad 3. What's the difference between the two apps if any? Which one do you prefer to use on your iPhone 5s or iPad 3? Is it ok to use both of them? Thank you
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,003 / 1
    I'm not familiar with OneDrive, but there is no particular reason why you can't have both. Try them both out, and maybe DropBox and/or Box.com as well. Each has their own set of strengths and weaknesses. Once you know what they do and how, you can decide on which ones to keep, or possible upgrade to paid accounts if you find those features compelling.

It's mostly a matter of personal taste and exactly how you are going to use them. None of these apps/services is perfect for every person and use.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,939 / 1
    I use both on my devices, there are a few differences. You can't print from OneDrive itself, you have to open the file in another app (printer app), while GDrive allows airprinting and Google Cloud printing, e.g.
    I also have Box (loads of online storage space) and Dropbox on my iPads. Each one is used for it's own purpose.

Afaik they are all free, so take a look at them, try them, and then decide which one to use - or use them all.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The OB

The OB Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +856 / 1
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Adrou

Adrou iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am using Copy on my iPhone, iPad an Mac and it's cool, they give you a lot of storage space!
    Captura de pantalla 2014-04-24 a las 01.47.15.png

Also Google Drive :) they are a good combo!