What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One more Flash issue: major!

Snowlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Again, and pleasedon't tell me I'll get over feeling the need. Today my issue was major, as I was sent home to wait for one more screening test for breast cancer, with a direction to view my next test on a specific web site..only to find, when I got to my car, a bit stressed, it needs Flash. Wanted to send it directly to Apple. .....No way to treat a lady, a big apple :( fan, at that.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know we can't get around the fact that you couldn't view it, but sending good wishes. Hey--nothing saying you can't submit your feedback to Apple about how it would have helped you as anyone anxiously waiting to view cancer screening test results is quite understandably in a very worried state!! Kind wishes your way. Sure hope everything is okay!

OP
S

Snowlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much. Just trying to be patient and needing to vent a bit. Almost could be funny that this flash has bee one of my few complaints and to have it jump in my face today. Wanted to laugh, but I'm not quite there yet. Such nice people on this site.:)

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Though I totally sympathize with situation and it totally sucks I think everyone knows by now that Apple doesn't do flash and never will. If that's something you really need or want you should invest in a second device or net book.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much. Just trying to be patient and needing to vent a bit. Almost could be funny that this flash has bee one of my few complaints and to have it jump in my face today. Wanted to laugh, but I'm not quite there yet. Such nice people on this site.:)

You're welcome. I understood that right now it really wasn't about the Flash issue per se. I mean, it was, but it wasn't. At that precise time, the test result was on a Flash dependent site which wasn't anything you had any say over. Most people here talking about lack of Flash are complaining about things like games or media type sites, not something so personally specific like your situation.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps a word to the website might get a better response, viz. "I need to use your website but Flash isn't working. Would you consider implementing this in HTML5 the next time you upgrade your website?"

It won't fix the problem short-term, but if enough people (i.e. non-Flash users) let them know, eventually they might recognize the need and make changes.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try out Puffin browser, it has ran every flash site ive thrown at it so far. Also streams the sound from those flash sites also.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry that you weren't able to get to that site. I can only imagine how you felt.

Most reactions

Latest posts