What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the road and off it too.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Closer to home by now I suspect. Have you crossed the provincial boundary yet?

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

No. I'm staying in BC for another week. Had an interesting encounter with a moose last night. Came round a bend and found it standing in the middle of my lane. Managed to avoid hitting it though.

Apparently I had a fox standing right behind me while I was cleaning my lights. I never saw it. Another trucker told me it hangs out waiting to be fed. It's quite tame.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank goodness you missed the moose, Kevin! Otherwise both you and your truck may have required emergency care.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Thank goodness you missed the moose, Kevin! Otherwise both you and your truck may have required emergency care.

Yes. They're big and solid.

I hit a buffalo once. That didn't do the truck any favors. Gave the buffalo a sore butt, but apart from that he didn't seem to notice. He just ran off into the trees. The road from Fort Providence to Yellowknife can be challenging at night.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like I've been neglecting this thread. Sorry, Chris, I missed your question. I made it home for Christmas, and it was worth it to see the look on the anklesnappers face when he received his iPad mini.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kevin, thank you. These pictures are wonderful. I drove across the main road in Canada years ago (kings highway?) and thought that was spectacular. These are even more interesting. That is one beautiful country but looks really cold. Nice to see it from my cosy home.

Bobbi

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you have, it's actually filed for adoption ha ha, can't wait for you to update it with some photos Kevin

I'll be working in a different area for a while, namely the foothills of the Rockies. It's every bit as spectacular as the northern Rockies, but a bit closer to home. The change comes just in time. Those frozen roads will turn into a sea of mud over the next month or so.

Thanks, all, for the kind words. I'll try to keep the thread updated with photographs of the changing seasons. It's good to be able to share this beautiful country with appreciative people.

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking forward to your new images, Kevin. :)

Wishing you good roads and fair weather.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fun day today.

image-950963735.jpg

Playing in the snow.

Most reactions

Latest posts