What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the road and off it too.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gearing up for the open road again. I'm presently getting my paperwork together (passport etc) in order to hit the road with a vengeance. I'm intending to cover every American state and every Canadian province over the next few years.

So far, my list on this side of the pond is quite limited (Canada: AB, SK, BC, YT, NT: US: CA, NV, WA, OR, UT, AZ, ID, MT)

So I have a lot of places still to see, and I hope to be able to share some of the travels here.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gearing up for the open road again. I'm presently getting my paperwork together (passport etc) in order to hit the road with a vengeance. I'm intending to cover every American state and every Canadian province over the next few years.

So far, my list on this side of the pond is quite limited (Canada: AB, SK, BC, YT, NT: US: CA, NV, WA, OR, UT, AZ, ID, MT)

So I have a lot of places still to see, and I hope to be able to share some of the travels here.
That's a very impressive trip and I'm sure that you'll have great fun planning it and visiting as many locations in the United States and Canada as you can. Are you going to take the Dempster highway all the way to the Beaufort Sea? Dempster Highway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia You'll also be able to drive the Alaska Highway all the way to the end.

Is Hawaii on your list, even though you can't drive there.

Last edited:
OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a very impressive trip and I'm sure that you'll have great fun planning it and visiting as many locations in the United States and Canada as you can. Are you going to take the Dempster highway all the way to the Beaufort Sea? Dempster Highway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia You'll also be able to drive the Alaska Highway all the way to the end.

Is Hawaii on your list, even though you can't drive there.

Interesting you should mention Hawaii. Did you know there are 3 interstates on Hawaii? I do intend to go there one day, although I doubt it will be in a truck.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unless you build the first amphibious semi.

Well not a semi, but I've taken several 'amphibious' duck tours in Hot Springs (Arkansas) & Boston - not the fastest way to travel on the water - ;) Dave

P.S. Kevin - have a great time & looking forward to some travel posts & pics!
Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 12.05.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 12.06.23 PM.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
3-E540357-5542-4-A24-BE4-A-664-EEBDB9-F47.jpg

Been busy the last few months. Finally made it north of the Arctic Circle. Here's the souvenir shot.

Hi Kevin - has been a while - glad to see you posting and love the pic! :) Wife & I did a 2-week trip to Alaska a few decades ago now, first half on land and second on a ship - went to Nome for a few days and took a small plane day trip to Kotzebue, just above the Arctic Circle - had a nice tour w/ an Inuit guide. Dave
ak-map-kiana.jpg

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Kevin - has been a while - glad to see you posting and love the pic! :) Wife & I did a 2-week trip to Alaska a few decades ago now, first half on land and second on a ship - went to Nome for a few days and took a small plane day trip to Kotzebue, just above the Arctic Circle - had a nice tour w/ an Inuit guide. Dave
View attachment 85709

Hi Dave. That must have been an interesting trip. I've been pretty close to Alaska, but never made it across the border. One day, maybe.

I'm heading out again tonight for the Arctic. In answer to @scifan57's earlier question; yes, I used the Dempster Highway to get to Inuvik. There is now an all-season road to Tuk. Not sure whether I'll be heading that way, but one thing I've learned is never to say never.

I seem to remember posting pics earlier in this thread showing the ice crossing at Fort Providence. That is part of ancient history now, since the completion of the Deh Cho bridge, which replaces the ferry/ice crossing. However, the Dempster crosses the Mackenzie. Here's the ice crossing, which will soon close for this year.

224895-E1-95-C1-4-FBA-8-B08-570-F9-C539542.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts