What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the road and off it too.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you!

Something else I keep asking myself: while driving, do you notice, or is there time to enjoy the beautiful sights around/ahead of you?

As an example, I have been in Salzburg more times than I can remember, and I have never seen the statue of Mozart. I can repeat this story over and over so, these days, I try to make sure I keep my eyes open and take in every sight and experience.

I'm also aware of the fact that what is everyday to me is exotic to those who have never visited this area.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
image.jpg

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have recently started a new job and will no longer be traveling, so this thread probably will no longer be updated. I hope it has been interesting and informative.
We'll miss those great photos taken through that big transport rig windscreen. If you have a desk job now, photos of your desk, phone etc probably won't be the same now:p.
It's been a really enjoyable thread Kevin, with your adventures in the wilds of Canada. Thanks for sharing mate!:)
Andrew

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Kevin - enjoyed and nice to end w/ a picture of a bison heard (we like the meat as a great substitute for beef!) - Dave :)

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many of my memories of the road have no visuals attached to them, predating digital photography as they do. Snapping out of the window with an SLR wasn't so easy back in the day.

So the music I was playing/discovering at the time is often the only thing that I have to bring me to a time and place.

With this in mind, some years ago, I was in Toulouse for the weekend and watched a 3 hour television show on the making of Notre Dame de Paris, which has stayed with me as one of my favourite musical pieces.

Here is Hélène Segara with Vivre:

Most reactions

Latest posts