Older version of apps

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by A. GOODWIN, Dec 30, 2014.

1. A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm curious ,. can you get the last or previous version of an app after upgrading
    to what is supposed to be better. I have tried to do this with what I backed up
    And saved on my desktop and downloaded to my I pad 2 . It seems that it is uploaded
    briefly then kicks the older version out and the newer one that I hate and only wanted to
    check out , is installed ..., Any tips or is this even possible? I wonder does the backup
    have to be backed in iTunes ?? Thanks

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The only time it's possible to install an earlier version of an app is if your device can't be upgraded to an iOS version that supports the newer version. In that case, if you've previously purchased or downloaded the app, you'll get a pop up that asks if you want to install the latest compatible version. Except for this one instance, it's not possible to install an older version of the app.

3. A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:

4. A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ok ., thanks scifan , I saw somewhere the same that you said . Only I thought
    This way was an alternative and apple supports this way , but also thought
    Or misunderstood that another alternative could be used and it wasn't supported .
    However , I thank you for the reply and I will adjust or not and Kik it to the curb !