1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Old SIM card in iPad 4?

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by Kaykaykay, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Has anyone else tried using a 3G SIM card in an iPad 4?

I have taken the 3G SIM card that I usually swap between my iPad 1 and 2, and plugged it into my iPad 4. It seems to work, but I just got around to trying it in an area with a so-so signal. I alternate between getting about three bars and Edge service. I will have to test further when I get a chance.

If I find that it works, I'll keep using 3G on all three iPads interchangeably, even though iPad 4 supports 4G. That's because I'd rather keep the flexibility of swapping iPads on the go, when one iPad or another is low on juice. In that case, I just pull the SIM card and use it in another iPad.

Is anyone else doing this with any success?

I've been doing it on iPad 1 and 2 for more than a year, with AT&T's knowledge, but they're both 3G devices.