What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

old notes from previous lists? How can i save them indefinately like a word doc.

gamma5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
staticmap

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My notes solution is to use Evernote. An Evernote account comes with an email address that you can use to mail the notes directly to Evernote. With Evernote loaded on all your devices and computers, your notes are stored and available just about everywhere. Though you only get full offline sync/support for your iOS devices with a paid account. I like this because the notes remain easily organizable, accessible, and editable.

Other tricks, ideas:

You can use just about any word processor or text editor. A bit tedious, but you just select all, copy, then paste into the new app.

You can use the email feature to email them to yourself then store them in a mail folder (if you have an IMAP or Exchange account that lets you keep folders on the sever).

One of my favorite tricks is to create a PDF by printing to a folder on the computer. To do this you need an AirPrint enabling app on your computer; FingerPrint or Printopia. These will allow you to print directly to a folder on your computer, including your DropBox folder. When text or document files are printed, they come out as PDF.

But, a simple mass conversion of Notes to another format? If there is a way, I don't know of it.

Most reactions