1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Old Lady---New iPad

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by PFields, Dec 29, 2010.

1. PFields

PFields iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi...I am a 75 year old woman with ten years experience with Windows OS. Gifted with an iPad for Christmas plus an operating manual and several "How-To" books on iPad. Setting it up is daunting for me. My device will be used mainly for email, and I've managed to get my AOL mail.
    Question is: how do I get my AOL address book ON the iPad?
    And, can I get my Favorite list, too?
    Any help for this old lady would be appreciated.
  2. Marabou Muddler

Marabou Muddler iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Congrat's! You go, girl!

Re: syncing your AOL contact list, I don' t know. I sync'd my outlook contact list without any problems using the iTunes sync program. The key was that my contact list was on my computer. I do not have AOL - isnt that contact list saved on the server/computer of AOL? Is there an option through the iTunes sync program?

There supposedly is a way to sync your favorite list. I didnt want to do that, so have not tried it. I'm sure someone with more experience than me will chime in here.