What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old iPad, New PC can't sync together

Blackburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, recently my old hard-drive died on me due to error loading the operating system. However I bought a new hard-drive and reinstalled everything with iTune.
Problem now is when I try to sync my iPad with my pc it gave the error message stating if I continue to sync it will delete everything on my iPad. I do not want it to delete my things in the iPad and I want it to backup.
Please help me to solve this problem.
Thanks.
Calvin.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go into iTunes preferences, the Devices tab, and turn off auto-sync. This will keep the iPad from trying to sync when you are not ready.

When you connect the iPad and it gives you the erase dialog, it should also give you the option to Transfer Purchases. Do that. If it does not give you the option cancel the dialog, right click on the iPad under the Devices list, and choose Transfer Purchases.

This may take a while, depending on how much stuff you have on the iPad. When it is done, make sure everything you wanted to save is in iTunes. After that you should be safe to sync.

Well, except any pictures you have synced from the previous computer. Since these are synced with a folder, and the folder is probably not on the new computer, they will be removed.

If they are your only copies then use an app like PhotoSync to copy them back off the iPad before syncing.

OP
B

Blackburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go into iTunes preferences, the Devices tab, and turn off auto-sync. This will keep the iPad from trying to sync when you are not ready.

When you connect the iPad and it gives you the erase dialog, it should also give you the option to Transfer Purchases. Do that. If it does not give you the option cancel the dialog, right click on the iPad under the Devices list, and choose Transfer Purchases.

This may take a while, depending on how much stuff you have on the iPad. When it is done, make sure everything you wanted to save is in iTunes. After that you should be safe to sync.

Well, except any pictures you have synced from the previous computer. Since these are synced with a folder, and the folder is probably not on the new computer, they will be removed.

If they are your only copies then use an app like PhotoSync to copy them back off the iPad before syncing.

Thanks bro...

Most reactions

Latest posts