What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old E Mail down loading to IPad

flyfisherman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New IPad2 person. I use AOL and that is where my problem is. My E mail is down loading all my old E Mail messages to my I Pad. I must have 2000.
Can any one help me?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did you set up your AOL account directly on the iPad, or was it set up for you when you synced for the first time?

If the first, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your account and delete it. Then add your account again and choose the AOL option. I'm pretty sure this will set you up as an IMAP account by default, and that should cure your problem.

At least I hope so. AOL offers both IMAP and POP3 accounts. It would be a crime if it was setting up POP when IMAP is available.

If some one who actually uses AOL knows better, please correct me.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Aol and it didn't try to DL all. Just the recent. But I'm also using Outlook, not straight from AOL. Suggestion, make a new folder and move all the old to that folder. I frequently archive my files so they are not all sitting there. I also use gmail so I don't have to plug in to get all sync'ed. I set it up when I first did that via imap rather than a pop email. Name that folder something really different. While it will bring in the folder, it won't active load them all, but give you the choice of "load more."

I sync gmail with outlook and the iGadgets with gmail, like an exchange server. So all are the same. I also set up outlook to delete anything on AOL that I have deleted there. Should just change totally to gmail, but had this name and email from way back to the beginning. Too many clients know it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts