1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Old & Brain-Dead...please be gentle!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by exsailor66, Aug 16, 2011.

1. exsailor66

exsailor66 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I am 62, barely PC literate, but have been waiting for the technology curve to reach this iPad place.
    I haven't bought mine yet, because I wanted to do my due diligence before forking out the $$$ (my wife and I are pensioners). I'll ask my questions in a separate thread, but I'm glad to be here, and hope you don't mind me picking your brains.

Cheers!
  2. pEAcEmAKeR

pEAcEmAKeR iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Sorry to say, but considering your title, the iPad may not be the best choice for you.
    Still, all the best, and welcome.
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    Welcome to the forum!

And, you are more than welcome to pick the collective brain. There's a lot of experience here - and most everyone seems truly willing to share the experience. You've found a good spot to learn.

Here's hoping you "take the plunge" and get that iPad soon...! :D

Marilyn
  4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

And 62 is most certainly not old. We have a Member who's over 100 years old - so you count as a youngster.

Tim
    Scotland
  5. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0

Seriously? Who are you to make that statement/choice? New members can do without statements like that. Hell, anyone can. Okay?
  6. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    Oh. Welcome, from Cali!
  7. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I would say the iPad is the easiest tablet to use out of any in the market right now. It does tale some time to get used to but that's like any piece of electronics. And welcome!
  8. Vlammetje

Vlammetje iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would think that, for people who have no or very little other computing experience, the ipad is something you might get used to very easily. So welcome, ask all you want, I'm sure we'd all like to help wherever possible.

Also I would advise you to step into a store and have a lengthy play with one of their demo models before you make your decision.