What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, you do realize, New Device, SAME iOS!

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
There are all these xxxx on iPad2 questions and it is really kinda funny how many people thing the hardware change is going to make the impossible possible.

Yes, there is a new iPad version out there, however it uses the same iOS as the exiting one. It is the iOS that controls how the user and apps interface with the hardware.

Instead of "iPad2, still no xxxx?" you should really be asking "iOS 4.3 (friday) still no xxxx?"

Davebarrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to some benchmarks, ios4.3 will provide a substantial boost to performance, but anyone who thinks that word processing or web surfing or any other iPad task is processor intesive is kidding themselves, they must have drunk the coolaid. Do they know what they're buying, no it's just shiny and it's on the tv. Apples incremental upgrading sales techniques are nothing new, it's just annoying when everyone goes ape shit over minor CPU changes. It's basically the same device, with a webcam

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, webcam is why I'm buying (and why I held off on buying the first one). I don't care much about the extra power/speed as it was already fast for the simple apps I'd use on it.

I guess it helps with things like iMovie that maybe wouldn't run well on the original, but it seems like those kind of things are better done on a PC/Mac anyway.

A tablet to me is just for web surfing, reading, video calls, streaming video, simple games etc. Nothing that needs much processing power nor a full PC/Mac type OS etc. I would like a straight drag and drop file system though. That's my one big gripe with the iPad is it's too complicated getting stuff on and off it with having to use iTunes or Dropbox etc. vs. simply dragging and dropping folders like on a PC or thumb drive.

Davebarrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you jailbreak it, install openssh and you will be able to drag and drop into your file system wirelessly to your hearts content

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you jailbreak it, install openssh and you will be able to drag and drop into your file system wirelessly to your hearts content

I'll have to look into that. I'm a bit hesitant about jailbreaking etc. as I'm not that tech savvy and worry about voiding warranties and that kind of stuff.

Davebarrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unjailbreaking is even easier than jailbreaking, plug it into iTunes hit restore and ur done.

Most reactions

Latest posts