What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok where are my files

donnymatazon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new, i am still reading the manual. I see they want us to be dependent on clouds. So maybe it will turn in to something like 1000 dollars for each square of toilet paper. Or each 100mb. They ate already manipulating us with the backup. If I want to go back to 7 then i can no longer access my backup i did with 8. its all dizzying. i cant beleive anything anything anymore.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am new, i am still reading the manual. I see they want us to be dependent on clouds. So maybe it will turn in to something like 1000 dollars for each square of toilet paper. Or each 100mb. They ate already manipulating us with the backup. If I want to go back to 7 then i can no longer access my backup i did with 8. its all dizzying. i cant beleive anything anything anymore.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Is this just a rant (which is fine) or is there a question hidden somewhere? ;) Dave

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Don't turn on iCloud Drive. Don't turn on iCloud Photo Library (beta). Don't turn on Documents & Data (if iCloud Drive is off), iOS 8 will continue to treat your iPad storage same as it ever did.

These are options, not mandatory.

OP
donnymatazon

donnymatazon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i will admit yes a gripe,
i do have a quest.
i want to get pictures on my ipad with the ability to read the original file names and metadata intact and accessable to the clipboard.
i would also like to see the file name along with the preview.
i have that jailbreak will allow this maybe but im stilla bit ignorant about that situation.
so more research. i suppose i am after a good picture database for crafting emails with pictures for sales. maybe pdfs .?

OP
donnymatazon

donnymatazon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't turn on iCloud Drive. Don't turn on iCloud Photo Library (beta). Don't turn on Documents & Data (if iCloud Drive is off), iOS 8 will continue to treat your iPad storage same as it ever did.

These are options, not mandatory.
thank you.

Most reactions

Latest posts