What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok now don't get me wrong here guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems like a good reason to cut a hole in the floor, wall, or a really big book to hide the thing in. All other suggestions don't seem to aide in your struggle. So you may have to hide it, and in a good place. Lol!!

Via my iPad 1

LOL! Oh believe me i've been tempted to do that for a while. I'll probably come around to the idea by next week, I love how you suggested the big book simple but yet very effective. Lol

Last edited:

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd just get a briefcase with a lock or something and put it in there when you leave. I'd also start messing with his things and see how he likes it. One good prank you can do is change the start-up sound on his laptop or computer. Saw it on youtube, they (college kids it looked like) changed it to an audio clip of an adult movie and followed him around with a video camera. Went to the library and fired up his laptop and all you heard was...:eek: you get the idea.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^^ahahahhaha love the creativeness that's a really good, funny too. It's on my to do list Wookiee2cu:D

Now all I'm thinking is big book or briefcase? EL OH EL

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have this snoopy little brother that sticks his nose into every thing and is kind of a genius when it comes to Apple and gets a kick out of this kind of stuff, seeing as how he got the iPhone a really long time ago. I work 9 to 5 so my iPad is left exposed for 8 hours and he always seems to ease his way past the password. (And i don't want to be that guy that hides his things) I kind of got a clue that someone(mostly likely snot nose brother:D) was snooping around my iPad when my setting were all changed, I would notice things being bookmarked when I didn't bookmark them and other apps/tweaks showing up in my setting section.

Is there any thing I can do to protect myself?

Any input is much appreciated thanks.

Beat the crap out of him is the best way to protect yourself and him. That's what big brothers are for. To keep genius little brothers from getting stuffed into lockers and come home with torn underwear from wedgies after acting like snoopy little kids.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^^Ahahahaha we really have some genius of our own on this forum lol thanks for the kind words mountainbikermark.

tmno2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Very interesting little brother you have there!
I reckon he is angling for big brother to shell out and buy him an iPad.
Better watch out for his abilities to remote control your stuff, seems like he is not far from it at this point.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry tmno2 I didn't understand what you were trying to say with the remote control you stuff comment, would you care to elaborate?

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How big is your brother? A good brotherly roughing can do wonders. He just has to know his bounderies. Do you share rooms or do you have your own room? If so, just lock it. You have a desk with lock in your room?

There used to be this Iphone app that if set-up and you would shake the iphone a bit it would set-off an alarming sound. It might not stop it, but it will scare the .... out of him. Make sure it is recorded on webcam so that we can all enjoy the look on his face.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll figure something out guys, He is 21 so he not so little but he'll alway be little bro to me I guess:D and he has enough money to purchase his own iPad, because I sure as heck anit getting him one! So if you actually think about it, most of the suggestions made here really go out the window when it comes time to actually even consider them because i'm too old for half of this sh** On that note I think it's time to hand it over to the administrators from here and bust out the good old line "please delete thread" because clearly it's not getting anywhere lol :) Although don't get me wrong here guys there were some very very good suggestion and I mean that.

Thanks for all the input but it's a wrap for this thread before we get to 50 pages and 100 000 views in under 24 hours lol :D

Last edited:

tmno2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M325i said:
I'm sorry tmno2 I didn't understand what you were trying to say with the remote control you stuff comment, would you care to elaborate?

I would reckon he has a laptop for his own use and education, and is using it to update his knowledge via "Google" and various forums. If so, he is probably a member of iPF also, if you have "folders" on your iPad, check for apps in the folders that look innocent from outside the folder, but hook up your iPad remotely to his computer.

It sounds like he is running a password decoder/breaker of some sort, to enable continuing access even after you have changed passwords.

Probably has access to your iTunes backup files, via shared home network access, from which your current coded password is accessible.

It may be your best option to hire him out to "Homeland Security, the CIA or the FBI"

But definitely do not murder him, it is against the "LAW"!

He is probably reading every word of this,

So best of luck, you may need it !!!

Bclagett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He's 21 and you're older than he is. It's time both of you moved out of your parents' house.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't care what kind of "genius" your brother is, if you set a secure password, and he doesn't have access to the computer you synch with (you can alter the iPad from iTunes and synch), he won't be screwing with your device.

Perhaps he's moving stuff around in iTunes on a computer you share just to mess with you?

Instead of using a word, try using the first letters of all the words in a sentence, as your password. That should keep him from guessing...

Last edited:

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
You are assuming the his is accessing your iPad... Maybe not. Depends on the stuff that have moved around. Like bookmarks, he could be using the account and set his own bookmarks on his iPhone which would be sync over the book store for example...

Another theory would be that your iPad was jail broke... And he is accessing it remotely with ssh without you knowing about it...

Is he using Ubuntu, cause a lock iPad can be access anyway under Ubuntu...

Pretty sure he is not cracking your password, but he found a scheme to fool you around.

VicoPad addict!

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
If you want to know if he touched your iPad, open a game with a lot of motion, and lock the iPad on a specific action in the game... When unlocking, if you are not at the same place, then you know he had a direct access to it.

VicoPad addict!

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys.... I was enjoying reading this thread but now it's getting a bit abusive and far too personal so I will be unsubscribing it (many threads have been terminated for less). Good luck in your endeavours in finding a solution to your problem.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts