What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok I've made my decision to sell...

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
my iPad first generation and get a iPad2. What is the expert advice on this forum to sell my current one and get a good deal for myself without beating up the buyer?

Thanks

Chakatajaca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just sold my 16gb wifi only model for $358 on ebay. I attempted craigslist first but only got offers of $225-250. It looks to me as if ebay is the best bet for a decent sale.

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just sold my 16gb wifi only model for $358 on . I attempted craigslist first but only got offers of $225-250. It looks to me as if ebay is the best bet for a decent sale.

+1

Apple is selling a brand new 16GB for $400 now, so you wont be getting near what you paid back. I sold mine in anticipation for the iPad 2 3 days before the invitation came out, and only lost $40 on my 32 GB I got 4 months ago ;)

scott_R1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe someone can explain to me why someone who has an ipad1 needs an ipad2

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sure it all depends on who the someone is. Maybe someone just wants one and that's all the reason they need. Its not your money. Why would you care?

Chakatajaca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My reason is I'm constantly making room on my 16gb so I'm using this as an opportunity to upgrade to a larger iPad with a few extras.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A reason to upgrade to ipad2

When looking at whom will upgrade from the iPad to ipad2 you most likely will find that that number could be quite large but it depends on the users needs . I believe iPads are similar to mobile phones and I mean like iPhones and top end alternatives and in that group a lot will pass their current iPad on to family members and upgrade. Others like myself will put it on eBay as it tends to hold it's value. If I loose even say $200 on the upgrade that is small when you consider I have used it for 8 months. Further more I get a new warranty not that iPads have as problems.

The market however to upgrade is so small compared to new users and Apple has not even scratched the surface. One has to consider the world wide potential not just USA. *In Australia they are selling like hot cakes and it will gain momentium not just here but in every country in the world. What Apple offers is a product that suits a huge wide market. For many it is an alternative to a laptop it is a mobile computer sure it does not offer a lot of power or options to run windows 7 or Mac OS but frankly most users do not need a full fledge computer. I personally have not even used my MacBook since October other than back up and sync. Once Apple offers cloud syncing which is not far away it then becomes a stand alone device not reliant on a computer with iTunes to sync and back up.

The iPad 2 upgrade in my opinion is well balanced and will offer a big increase in productivity for people like my self. Just to put this in perspective I have been moderating this forum since early March 2010 plus also iPhoneforum.net and the Android forums. What we do is constantly many times a day open threads, open posts, search the forum go through process of infringements which covers about 3 different actions send pm to users welcome new users switching to a memo pad to copy rules scrolling through posts editing posts etc etc etc I speak for other mods and super moderators it takes time. I could use an fast PC or my Mac but I am on the move ok so I use my iPad and iPhone 3 gs to moderate the forums and I don't want a heavy laptop to carry around besides having instant on is the single biggest advantage and benefit that I enjoy

Now the crunch if I upgrade to ipad2 and gain a 30% or 50% or more increase in web browsing by both software and hardware upgrades I would be in heaven as I can spend more time with my lovely partner and less on the web. I currently use atomic as I find it faster than safari but regardless I can't wait for the ipad2.

Just for the record the other market is iPod, iPhone users whom are use to the iOS and can easily add and iPad into the house hold knowing there is NO learning curve plus share face time music etc between all devices. My partner loves scrabble we play each other between an iPhone 3 gs and the iPad great fun. We also use Apple tv all our music from 5 users is synced to the Appletv So cool

So yes the market will explode this year just watch and regardless of what the other guys come up with unless it is a mind boggling change Apple will continue to lead. The bottom line if you can afford to upgrade do it otherwise be happy with 4. 3 iOS upgrade and enjoy your ipad until this time next year.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my iPad first generation and get a iPad2. What is the expert advice on this forum to sell my current one and get a good deal for myself without beating up the buyer?

Thanks

If you want the least hassle:

Gazelle.com

Their prices are very fair.

Gazelle just bought my 64gb g3 iPad for $530. They even pay for the shipping. Very easy transaction.

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Seriously? Maybe one of the new features suits their wants/needs and they have the means to do it.

Maybe they want the 1080P out - I know I'd like to have it.

Maybe they want the cameras - they would be nice to have.

Maybe they want the faster processor or better GPU...

Who knows? I'd like to have one, just have too many gadgets to justify the purchase to myself.

Most reactions

Latest posts