What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ok, I'm new and

Shosho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
love the PAD however, someone please help me transfer my babys pictures from the computer to my beautiful PAD! Lost in KC

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Connect the iPad to the computer...

1. Click on the iPad in iTunes under Devices.

2. Click the Photos tab.

3. Check Sync Photo’s from.

4. If you are running iTunes on a Mac and use iPhoto to manage your pictures, select iPhoto from the Sync Photos from drop-down.
Otherwise click Choose folder… to locate the directory containing the photos you wish to sync with your iPad.

Note: When you select the directory make sure to select the main directory containing all of your photos, this way you can select individual folders by following the steps below.
Using this method you can only sync one directory (that can contain multiple folders) at a time, this is why I recommend you use the directory containing all of your photos.
If your photos are dispersed across a network or several computers, I recommend that you combine the photos in one location to facilitate synchronization of photos to your iPad.

5. When the folder location window opens (same on Mac and Windows), find and select the folder containing the picture you wish to sync. Click Choose to continue.

6. When you come back to iTunes you will notice that you have the option of syncing All folders or Selected folders within the directory you selected.
Note: When syncing photos to your iPad you can also opt to include videos that are contained in those folders, but be aware that adding videos will increase the length of the initial sync and will reduce the amount of space on your iPad.

7. If you choose to select individial folders, which I recommend, a separate list will appear with the names of all the folders contained in the selected directory. Check the folders you wish to include for the iPad.
Note: If the directory you selected exceeds the space of the iPad you will receive an error when syncing.

8. Click on Apply to save the settings and sync with your iPad.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

avcousins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to ask an iPad question, but cannot find anything that tells me how to POST A NEW THREAD! Can you help? Thanks. Annie

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Oh Annie! Bless your heart! Your picture is sideways, babe.

Okay ~ first things first. Go here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/forumindex.php

Then find the section that you are interested in and click on that. Then up top on your left is the word NEW THREAD.

Hit that and there ya go!

Unless you are using our great app of course, in which case, touch the forums button (bottom left of your screen), find a forum that you are interested in then on the first page of that forum touch the box with the arrow coming out of it (top right of your screen).

You'll get the hang of it in no time......if I can then anyone can!

The Archangel

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Annie let me get you straight :)

I don't want to have to turn my monitor any more :D

Attachments

11.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts