What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok i'm desperate

mbb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don"t have a clue what I did. But I have Lost all of my 355 contacts! I was manually adding some new ones and suddenly a sign popped up saying " no contacts"! Please tell me there is something I can do.....:(

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I lost all my contacts for some reason when I upgraded to iOS 5. Did you upgrade to iOS 5? If you did just downgrade. Or if you didn't, try and restore you iPad to a previous date and see if they show up.

heybutch1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not as simple as u accidentally flicking to another address book using that 'groups' feature in the top left hand of the contacts app?

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is my understanding in an article I read that once you go to iOS 5 there is no going back to a previous version.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
SweetPoison said:
Correct. It is not something we want to advocate, though ~ as we can not assist members if using Beta version and something goes wrong.

I'm confused. Why do you allow these huge iOS 5 topics with everyone trying iOS 5 to be on these forums if you don't want to advocate it?

And if you want your contacts back just restore your iPad until you get your contacts back.

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Testing is advocated, but only if you are an official dev.

I hate these grey areas as much as you do, since by tweaking my software Papa Jobs is angry with me...

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Fr0st!:)

Someone had to say it! Lol! :D

@mbb

When was the last time you backed up? You might be able to do a quick restore and get the contacts back?
Check it out in iTunes, and give us the good news! *Crosses fingers*

OP
M

mbb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fr0st said:
Someone had to say it! Lol! :D

@mbb

When was the last time you backed up? You might be able to do a quick restore and get the contacts back?
Check it out in iTunes, and give us the good news! *Crosses fingers*

"they're back" the friend who helped with the original setup "synched" (is that a word?) me and they all came back. Next day I tried adding some again and lost all but 1page, solo, I went to my local Apple Store and they synched the iPad contacts to my gmail and they all came back again. I wil NEVER try to add co facts through the iPad again...just through my gmail and the it's "synch or swim" I guess! Thanks for the interest and. The "crying towel"

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Once they are synced through GMail you shouldn't have any trouble adding them on the iPad. It is the local database that gets messed up. When the iPad syncs the online database is always the go to original.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MadChef said:
It is my understanding in an article I read that once you go to iOS 5 there is no going back to a previous version.

Nope, you can simply put it in DFU mode and go back to 3.3.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Most reactions

Latest posts