What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, cal colour changing randomly...

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is now driving me crazy. I had all cal colours set nicely as wanted. Then one morning I noticed one had cal changed, strange I thought. But easily sorted, I set up five dummy vacant colour cals on google and when I found the colour I wanted I hid other cals, opened just the one that had changed itself, re programmed as the new colour (back to it's original colour as on the dummy) .
Then finally changed the name if the dummy cal and deleted the old one that had changed - it had no entries under it by then.
Keeping up? Ha.

BUT it's happened twice more now to cals with many entries so more time consuming and seems to be a bug. Have tried syncing with google and turning off/ on. But I need a fix as I can't have cals changing colour randomly all the time.
Why?
Help please!
Stephen

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:
OP
S

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And just to add, the google colours are all set as I want them although they have always seemed to operate independently from iPad cal.
So it's just on iPad that cal colours are going wrong....thanks.
S

OP
S

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so far one day on from post and no colour has changed itself. Seemed to be that one every 24 hours would randomly alter to a new colour.
Fingers crossed it's sorted...will keep you posted.
S

OP
S

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well despite seemingly no-one being interested in my problem, today still no problem with no cals changing colour. I wonder if it happens a short while after a sync on pc with google cal...I have not synced for a few days and iPad cal has been stable.
Since I only use iPad cal I don't really need to sync with the google one do I.
S

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well despite seemingly no-one being interested in my problem, today still no problem with no cals changing colour. I wonder if it happens a short while after a sync on pc with google cal...I have not synced for a few days and iPad cal has been stable.
Since I only use iPad cal I don't really need to sync with the google one do I.
S

We were all fascinated by the emerging story!! But, to be serious, this does seem to be an issue. He'll curse me for saying this, but one of the Forum's most prolific posters, twerppoet, has answered a number of very similar questions to do with the sync of the iPad's native 'Calendar' app and Google's Calendar. He is, I believe, in the East Cost of the USA so, if he's any sense, he'll be having a cup of coffee and a bowl of Froot Loops....but I'm sure he'll get round to sending some suggestions to you.

As I recall - and my brain is once-again not working too well (needs a hard reset) this 'random colour changing feature' is a known issue - but I do seem to recall that twerppoet had a fix for it, but I can't locate his post.

One problem (with no responses to posts that some people notice) is that anyone can read a post but only members can post a response. So it often looks as though many people have read - but ignored - your post. The issue is that either they read your post but weren't members, so couldn't respond or, if they were members, had read your post - found it informative and interesting but had no solution to your problem. You probably don't want a whole load of 'I don't know how to fix your problem' posts! My post is, I'm afraid, a bit like that - but at least if you 'keep the faith' I think they'll be a solution.

I took the easy way out and bought a third-party calendar app - 'Informant HD' where absolutely everything is configurable - colours too! It 'sits on top of' the iPad's native calendar app and imports anything that's there as well as displaying it's own appointments, tasks, events, projects etc. This is important because many incoming calendar invitations, say from the iPad 'Mail' app, are sent to the iPad's default calendar app - so Informant's ability to automatically (and optionally) import these is a big plus.

Tim
Scotland

OP
S

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks Tim and do need some help. Damn, just made a last check and business meetings cal have gone from a nice red to dull brown in last 2 hours. WHY! Clashes with school events cal colour now...pooo. Just poo.
Depressing end to day. Job to do tomorrow if anyone knows how.
S

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks Tim and do need some help. Damn, just made a last check and business meetings cal have gone from a nice red to dull brown in last 2 hours. WHY! Clashes with school events cal colour now...pooo. Just poo.
Depressing end to day. Job to do tomorrow if anyone knows how.
S

I'm not trying to 'push' Informant HD, but it does answer all your problems - downside is that you have to purchase it!! But go the iPad App Store and have a look; if you visit the Developer's website you'll see you can download a very comprehensive User Manual, which will answer all your questions. For sure, this colour problem is no problem in that app.

I add, just so you're certain, that I'm not associated in any way with Informant HD or their developers - or agents - or friends - or relatives - or cousins :)

Tim
Scotland

OP
S

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I shall go have a look Tim, thanks. Meanwhile, it remains a strange phenomenon, glitch maybe!
If Poet has a link to his answers then I shall review that also...
Best
S

OP
S

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stephen19 said:
I shall go have a look Tim, thanks. Meanwhile, it remains a strange phenomenon, glitch maybe!
If Poet has a link to his answers then I shall review that also...
Best
S

OP
S

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just gone into to do my weekly sync with pc and notice on my Sync Cals the is a couple of tick box options.
First, Sync 1) all cals or 2) selected cals ?
Which to have ticked?

Then if the selected cals box ticked it gives you 2 more options, Calendar OR On My ipad ?

Just to ask which I should have ticked.
Thanks
S

Last edited:

nshina106

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if youre gonna say "because of the lighting" then no, i mean like one morning i woke up,

OP
S

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which Cal option to SYNC?

Just gone into to do my weekly sync with pc and notice on my Sync Cals the is a couple of tick box options.
First, Sync 1) all cals or 2) selected cals ?
Which to have ticked?

Then if the selected cals box ticked it gives you 2 more options, Calendar OR On My ipad ?

Just to ask which I should have ticked.
Thanks
S

I am really surprised and DELIGHTED that having though Id lost all of my cal events (since only ever load on ipad and not on the google cal) they all reappeared when I restored.

Makes me wonder about which to have ticked when SYNC. I had only just changed sync option to "All Calendars" from "selected calendars - ipad calendar" and this must have 'reversed' ipad loaded events back into google cal.

I also wonder if there is a way to link google colours now? Would one of the other options affect this?

S

OP
S

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, latest, was only getting one colour change every few days and was hoping it would settle down. THEN I went into SETTINGS and changed DEFAULT calendar from Ipad to Calendar option. Just ro see wnat that might do.
Then went into calendar and EVERY color had changed instantly!!

Oh brother. Looks like an explosion in a paint factory and no use at all to spot items...
S

OP
S

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today the DEFAULT ipad cal colour changed from its nice blue to yellow. I didnt think this possible, Thought it was kind of "locked" at blue...think the genius bar may need a visit after all.
S

Most reactions

Latest posts