What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok....answers please

bigb0ss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok just got an ipad 16gb for xmas...

and few easy startup questions with hacking (bare with me)

1. When will the new jailbreak come out (i dont know the #'s) like 4.2.1 or something like that

2. Will i have access to itunes games/apps for free, with this jailbreak?

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Listen ********, and sorry to be such an ******** myself, but you have to stop and think for a second...

Here's some food for thought. Mods, feel free to sticky this if you want to.

Developers work on apps for DAYS and NIGHTS, MONTHS, and sometimes even YEARS! They spend time away from their families and their friends in order to code these apps, and get the bugs out. They spend their hard earned dollars to buy books to learn how to code properly, so people don't bitch when their ANGRY BIRDS app closes unexpectedly. And while most of these developers ENJOY doing this, which is why they are so good at it - think about this - DO YOU THINK THEY DO THIS FOR FREE? NO THEY DO NOT. They do it to get paid, just like you work to get paid.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do at your day job? Do you own a business? Take this as an example: imagine you owned a business that made shirts, and you were the only person in your "business." Now imagine someone comes into your shop, while you aren't looking, and just BLATANTLY steals the materials that you spent your hard earned money and time to make and produce. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?

What if you spent your time learning how to code, making apps, and debugging them only to have people STEAL THEM! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?

Jailbreaking your iDevice to steal apps is ILLEGAL, and just plain morally wrong - especially during the holidays. Jailbreaking is LEGAL, jailbreaking to steal apps IS NOT LEGAL! Jailbreaking does not mean you will have your pick of free apps, it just means that certain functions of your device, YOUR DEVICE, one that you purchased from APPLE with YOUR money, will be in a sense "unlocked". Multi-tasking pre-4.2.1 was what attracted me to jailbreak my iPad, and then I learned about the other jailbreaking tools and apps that make my everyday use of the iPad much more enjoyable. HOWEVER, I DID NOT DOWNLOAD PAID APPS ILLEGALLY

ONCE AGAIN, it is just PLAIN WRONG TO DO THAT. DO NOT DO IT. If you do, you have no heart and you deserve to die in a ditch.

/thread

Last edited by a moderator:

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whoa, guys...Whoa!
It looks likely that you are making an unsupported assumption here.

I just looked through all 10 of BBs posts on here.
Nowhere does he say he is trying to get PAID apps for free.
It is just as likely that he is asking if he can STILL get free apps if he JBs.

It definitely appears that he is unclear about JB, or why he might benefit from it, and is trying to find out.

I know that I have dozens of free apps and games on my iPads,
And I am pretty sure you folks do too.
None of them are pirated.
These were distributed free by their developers.

We should probably ask for clarification before we jump to wild assumptions of what he means.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Jailbreak + "Free" Apps? Hmmm, whatever could he mean? Sorry, pretty easy to understand the meaning. Even if they come back and say "no, I wasn't looking to get paid apps for free" after the fact, we all know what was really being asked.

You don't have to Jailbreak to get free apps - just search the app store for them.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Listen ********, and sorry to be such an ******** myself, but you have to stop and think for a second...

Here's some food for thought. Mods, feel free to sticky this if you want to.

Developers work on apps for DAYS and NIGHTS, MONTHS, and sometimes even YEARS! They spend time away from their families and their friends in order to code these apps, and get the bugs out. They spend their hard earned dollars to buy books to learn how to code properly, so people don't bitch when their ANGRY BIRDS app closes unexpectedly. And while most of these developers ENJOY doing this, which is why they are so good at it - think about this - DO YOU THINK THEY DO THIS FOR FREE? NO THEY DO NOT. They do it to get paid, just like you work to get paid.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do at your day job? Do you own a business? Take this as an example: imagine you owned a business that made shirts, and you were the only person in your "business." Now imagine someone comes into your shop, while you aren't looking, and just BLATANTLY steals the materials that you spent your hard earned money and time to make and produce. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?

What if you spent your time learning how to code, making apps, and debugging them only to have people STEAL THEM! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?

Jailbreaking your iDevice to steal apps is ILLEGAL, and just plain morally wrong - especially during the holidays. Jailbreaking is LEGAL, jailbreaking to steal apps IS NOT LEGAL! Jailbreaking does not mean you will have your pick of free apps, it just means that certain functions of your device, YOUR DEVICE, one that you purchased from APPLE with YOUR money, will be in a sense "unlocked". Multi-tasking pre-4.2.1 was what attracted me to jailbreak my iPad, and then I learned about the other jailbreaking tools and apps that make my everyday use of the iPad much more enjoyable. HOWEVER, I DID NOT DOWNLOAD PAID APPS ILLEGALLY

ONCE AGAIN, it is just PLAIN WRONG TO DO THAT. DO NOT DO IT. If you do, you have no heart and you deserve to die in a ditch.

/thread

I concur. You have been told this many times now "BigBoss". GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!!

jlaclair

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Free apps

I am glad you IPAD masters are not on a Jury. I believe he was asking if the free apps are still going to be free if he jail breaks his ipad. I can see how one (esp a newbie), would think that if they "jailbroke" their ipad, that apple would reject his Ipad when going to the App section and would not be allowed to download the free apps. He is asking if he still has access to "ITUNES". If he wanted to ask about stealing apps, why would he care if he could access Itunes. If he was that smart, he could import his music by other means. Also, if he were that smart he wouldn;t have posted his question. I am in the I.T. field and deal with end users everyday. Believe me when there are a LOT of people out there that do not understand a lot of what is going on in the technology field.

Jeff

Last edited:
OP
B

bigb0ss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"If you do, you have no heart and you deserve to die in a ditch" .....WAIT WAIT WAIT>...dont you think your goin too far? I mean you guys steal music from limewire and all that other stuff ....so dont give me that shit that I need to die in a ditch....isnt the whole point of having jailbreak discussion and "HACKING" link on a forum is to get AROUND paying for apps/games/ etc? I mean just like Herm Edwards said...HELLO???????? 700 people read this conversation....and i bet you 699 want the same thing I DO.......so get off your high horse and be helpful....and if you wont...ill join another site, and others will follow...then....jailbreak my ipad....and soon enough have games/apps ALL FOR FREE....and everyone is happy...ill be gone and you can watch posts on this website....

not for nothing but you are way to serious about this topic...just help every1

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
No, actually no. Go die in a ditch. I dont use limewire and own all my apps and music. I am a developer (not of ipod apps, but of software) so yeah, die in a ditch.

And "Hacking" is not the same as "Stealing".

Hacking | Define Hacking at Dictionary.com : 7. Computers . to devise or modify (a computer program), usually skillfully.

And sorry, I am not helping anyone steal anything. GTFO is my answer.

The_Kwa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so i have an android phone which i've rooted so i can change the roms, customize the looks and delete any of the "stock" apps i want. I would say that I'm pretty comfortable with the android OS.

Now I also own an iPad and have heard that they can be jailbroken. I've been hanging out in the Hacking section ever since I got my iPad seeing if it was as cool as androids root option. So far all I see is the "Elite" iPad users who know what they are doing bashing the hell out of the petty, simple, n00bie iPad users who don't.

All I can say is thanks for letting me see the light. Most of the veteran users in this forum make me want to burn my iPad, I'm ashamed to even be an apple product owner.

(PS, go ahead and crack on my spelling and grammar if it makes you feel better, you still get my point...)

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"If you do, you have no heart and you deserve to die in a ditch" .....WAIT WAIT WAIT>...dont you think your goin too far? I mean you guys steal music from limewire and all that other stuff ....so dont give me that shit that I need to die in a ditch....isnt the whole point of having jailbreak discussion and "HACKING" link on a forum is to get AROUND paying for apps/games/ etc? I mean just like Herm Edwards said...HELLO???????? 700 people read this conversation....and i bet you 699 want the same thing I DO.......so get off your high horse and be helpful....and if you wont...ill join another site, and others will follow...then....jailbreak my ipad....and soon enough have games/apps ALL FOR FREE....and everyone is happy...ill be gone and you can watch posts on this website....

not for nothing but you are way to serious about this topic...just help every1

I guess you just don't get it dude. STEALING APPS IS ILLEGAL!

Jailbreaking on the other hand, is not illegal. DID YOU EVEN READ WHAT I WROTE? God, people like you piss me off so damn much.

As for the "stealing music off limewire" thing, you are completely wrong. I am a professional DJ. I travel the country and the world DJing at large venues, and get paid lots of money to do it. I pay monthly for an exclusive DJ service that provides me with the music I need, usually before it is released. This DJ service has a direct contact with the record labels - so no, I am not "stealing" music, I am paying for it. I also use a lot of iPad apps for my live DJ sets as well as productions.

Any legitimate forum on the internet will give you a permanent ban for talking about "cracked apps" and "warez" and "jailbreaking to get around paying for apps". You may ask yourself why? Why are they being so mean to poor little you?

WELL HERE IS WHY: APPLE CAN, and WILL sue them for harboring illegal activity. Don't get mad at the mods and the members of the forum like me - they are just doing their job- and that is to keep this forum running. This forum has helped me greatly in learning and getting the full use out of my 64GB WIFI iPad. I do not want it shut down, so this is why I'm very mad at you "bigb0ss"

This is not the place for discussion of illegal things.

Once again, NOT PAYING FOR PAID APPS IS ILLEGAL!

To reiterate - it is NOT LEGAL

ONCE AGAIN, in case the mods weren't clear enough

JAILBREAKING IS COMPLETELY LEGAL. DOWNLOADING PAID APPS WITHOUT PAYING FOR THEM IS NOT LEGAL. Get it through your head. OR LEAVE!

P.S. - I firmly believe that thieves are not productive members of this society. We do not live in a country/world where shit comes freely. If you steal shit, you will get arrested - whether your theft be of something physical (such as a car) or not (music, movies, APPS, etc). Please, have a heart. Do the right thing. If $1-$5 is too much to pay for an app, maybe you should sell your iPad and save yourself possible jail-time.

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so i have an android phone which i've rooted so i can change the roms, customize the looks and delete any of the "stock" apps i want. I would say that I'm pretty comfortable with the android OS.

Now I also own an iPad and have heard that they can be jailbroken. I've been hanging out in the Hacking section ever since I got my iPad seeing if it was as cool as androids root option. So far all I see is the "Elite" iPad users who know what they are doing bashing the hell out of the petty, simple, n00bie iPad users who don't.

All I can say is thanks for letting me see the light. Most of the veteran users in this forum make me want to burn my iPad, I'm ashamed to even be an apple product owner.

(PS, go ahead and crack on my spelling and grammar if it makes you feel better, you still get my point...)

Sorry for the repost but I had to respond to this...

And this is all I'm gonna say:
The reason us "elite" ipad users get pissed off at these "n00bs" is because they expect EVERYTHING to come easy. The majority of elite users didnt just join a forum and say "omgz i gotz thiz ipadz and like omg its great but i dnt wanna pay fur appz cuz thatz stoooopid i jussss wanna jailbreeeak how do i do that plz someone help me"

That is not the proper way of learning how to do something. 80% of the questions that are asked by n00bs on these forums can be found out via a simple google search, or a browse at the first 2 pages of the forum. I'm sorry, but if you don't have time to invest into it, don't "jailbreak" or "hack" any device. Hacking takes time, and it will NEVER be perfect the first time. You have to invest time and energy and most importantly, PATIENCE, into hacking a device. It is a skill, not something that everyone can do.

I've been overclocking computers for about 10 years now. I never posted on a forum a single time about it, I just kept reading and reading and reading.

That is what seperates a n00b from a L33t - the fact that n00bs expect everything handed to them, instead of doing some legwork themselves. Post only if you have an actual problem like "my iPads screen won't turn on" or "iPad isn't charging", only if you've TRIED all of the possible solutions you have found, which you should include in your post anyways to save everyone else the time to suggest it.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to put too fine a point on it, but I don't steal music either.

Given how cheap the apps are, and the fact you don't even need a credit card to purchase them (just an iTunes gift card from the grocery store), downloading stolen apps is just insulting to the people who work hard to create them.

My two cents...

Last edited:

Most reactions