What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

offline environment. I want to write apps.

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I not sure is it this sub. I want to write apps. (only personal used) sound, need goto apple.com to register somethings...everything step must online, step-by-step/ and goto app store, to get my app? offline environment. is it possible to completed that? any advice please!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your post over to iPad Development. Hopefully, someone here will be able to help you in designing and implementing apps.

Good luck.

Marilyn

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I guess apps can be developed in an offline environment, but it requires internet connection to send it to Apple for approval...

I may be wrong because I'm not an app dev. :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another necessary requirement for writing apps is a Mac computer. Apps cannot be written on any other kind of computer.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With a paid developer account you do not need to upload an app to the App Store before installing it on your own devices. You will be able to register your own devices with the developer tools on your Mac and load your apps directly. It's meant for testing your apps, but there is no reason you can't use it for personal apps; if you don't mind the $99 a year.

Depending on the kind of apps you want to create you can write and use them on the iPad. Codea is a reasonably powerful app that lets you create apps to run (in Codea) on your iPad. There is a path for publishing them in the App Store later, if you change your mind; but you will then need all the same tools and paid developer account you'd need to publish them the normal way.

Novo Card is an other app to look at. I don't like it as well, but for some kinds of applications it may work better.

Most reactions

Latest posts