Official - release dates and preorder! APRIL

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by iPadBoy, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Ellie

Ellie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Preordering?

I have never preordered before either and would like to know how difficult it is to get through online. I assume they will send an email out to the people who have requested to be notified and than you would have the option to preorder with a link from that email Or do you just get in line on the computer EST at midnight and hope you can get it done. Does anyone know?:confused:

2. Eeyore

Eeyore
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Rudeman, the only way I know of to get around this is to wait a while until Amazon finally offers the ipads for sale. Amazon does not collect sales tax from those of us in California. Bestbuy and Apple does collect sales tax, even if you try and order it off the net.

All the best.

3. iBean

iBean
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    How about MacMall? Don't remember if my last order from them charged sales tax here in Texas, but have no clue about CA. Check them out. My stuff usually gets out here in RURAL Texas in about 4 days c/ regular UPS shipping.

4. Eeyore

Eeyore
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

You might want to order one now. California is currently in the process of passing legislation to tax all internet sales. See here:

California Seeks Amazon Tax (ABX8 8) ? Law and Legal Research

Assembly Bill X8-8 may be signed by the governor due to the current financial crisis California is in.

5. KiltedTim

KiltedTim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Not directly related to California, but just as an informative aside, Many states already 'technically' do tax Internet and mail order purchases. Taxes are not collected at the time of the sale (usually), but for example, the Ohio State tax forms specifically ask if you made any Internet or Mail order purchases that were not taxed and calculate how much sales tax you owe on them... Yeah... Right... Like anyone is going to answer that question honestly! LOL