Official iPad3 Jailbreak Thread

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by f4780y, Mar 16, 2012.

1. zphone

zphone
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Just wanted to add I've found the dictate key when you press the .?123 key. The other problems are really minor though it would be great if they could be fixed as it could confuse some people.

2. omonroig

omonroig
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thank you so much Marylin! Your question was enough to make me figure out what was the problem!

Yes indeed I had installed the Browser Changer tweak from Cydia! I uninstalled it and the problem was fixed! May be it was only a setting on the tweak but I solved by just removing it! I will figure out later about the advantages of having it back and if there is a setting to keep it working fine!

Orlando

#392 omonroig, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  3. dahauss

dahauss
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I just use jailbreak app on my NEW IPAD (ipad3). I installed a couple of cydia tweaks. All was working fine and I installed QUASAR for running apps in windows... Just a few minutes ago, the entire IPAD froze.. I did the home button/power button trick to turn it off. I am also noticing that some games such as WORDS WITH FRIENDS and HANGING WITH FRIENDS freeze all the time and I have to restart the ipad. any reason why?

4. kennyrodgers

kennyrodgers
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi all,
    My first post propper here on the forum so go easy.
    I've had my first ever Apple product, an Ipad3 for a week now and already thinking of jailbreaking it.
    I'll be leaving that for a wee while however until I get to know it a little better.
    If I could ask a question about a couple of posts two pages back where someone asked about free apps from the Istore and piracy was mentioned.
    If someone would be kind enough to explain this I would be very grateful, I don't want to start of on the wrong foot here so If you could help me to understand that would be great.
    Thanks in advance.
    :)

5. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to the forums.
    Unfortunately, many folks think that jailbreaking is all about getting apps from the app store for free. It is not. That is piracy and not something we support. But folks that want to steal software must jailbreak to start off, which is where the confusion comes in.
    Jailbreaking is about enhancing your iPad to do things which Apple, in its wisdom, don't think the iPad should do. For example, you can give the keyboard a 5th row with numbers / symbols like a real keyboard has, or you can change the icons and colour scheme of the OS with Themes.
    As long as you are not looking to steal software you'll get on just fine here. There is no danger of you slipping up unless you go off specifically looking to pirate apps. It's not something you can do by accident and no jailbreak is provided with the ability to pirate software "automatically". Almost everyone involved in creating jailbreaks is absolutely anti-piracy too.
    I suggest you have a good dig around in our hacking section, reading the stickies in each section and sub-forum is a great start.

6. kennyrodgers

kennyrodgers
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Cheers for the explanation bud,
    So, just to get one thing straight. If I do decide to go down the jailbreak route is it OK to get the normal "free and paid for" apps from the Istore as you would if in the std Ios.
    Thanks again.

7. iRager

iRager
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Yep

8. Macmc

Macmc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I got the exact same issue here! wonder if anybody was able to fix the vpn issue, and what cfster did differently.

9. Gazza1

Gazza1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys. Got new iPad 3. Jailbroken with absinthe. Loaded fine. But now can not open any downloaded apps. Can open what came on iPad, but not downloaded ones. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

10. zphone

zphone
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried a reset?