Official iPad3 Jailbreak Thread

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by f4780y, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Raghav_K

Raghav_K
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    guys barrel doesn't work... sent my ipad3 in a reboot loop, and had to restore from itunes...

a list of incompatible must be added to the first post, i think...

2. altimax98

altimax98
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It could be multiple things. Check iTunes and see if your getting an error code. I hope you backed up already but if your getting a lockdown error on a Mac or a unknown error code on windows then you need to reset on the iPad itself. Then plug it in, let iTunes find I and then do a 5.1.1 factory reset, then jailbreak. that's what personally worked for me.
    Also some other things. Right click and run as administrator usually helps with weird issues

As for Folder Enhancer I've been using it on a 3. Works perfect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#302 altimax98, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
  3. pianoman

pianoman
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    WARNING! In the iPhone forum there's word of a new build of 5.1.1 out from Apple that patches the Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak on ALL DEVICES. If you're not on 5.1.1 yet (still on 5.0.1 JB'en hoping to upgrade and JB today) BEWARE. Do NOT upgrade until further word.

#303 pianoman, May 26, 2012
  4. reahn

reahn
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    i read up on this. its for the GSM iPhone 4. not for all devices

5. reahn

reahn
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  6. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Barrel is working fine on my iPad3 that is running iOS 5.1.1 and jail broken with the Absinthe tool. In fact, I've got the "flippy" selection going and it works pretty neat!

What version of Barrel do you have?

Marilyn

7. jawa6306

jawa6306
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Apple soft releasing updated versions of current firmware is nothing new. They did this with the 4S iOS 5.0.1 (9A405) where they released 5.0.1r1 (9A406) directly after due to certain models having "No service" or "No SIM" issues. These updates were sent to the affected phones OTA (if possible) and updated automatically.

Most likely they are fixing something related with their data network otherwise they would just release an update for all devices to patch the jailbreak exploits. However, because the jailbreak requires physical access to the device (unlike the jailbreakme.com exploit) it's unlikely Apple will patch these exploits any time soon. Apple knows about the exploits and how to easily patch them, that's a fact, but for whatever reason they've chosen not to patch them.

*EDIT*
    Rumor circulating around is that the update has to do with AT&T's data network. Not much is actually known yet.

#307 jawa6306, May 26, 2012
  8. Synaptic13

Synaptic13
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone here used ispirit to successfully install a theme?

Sent from SyNaPtiC's PaD

9. pintelho

pintelho
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I think it isnt possible to add themes via winterboard on ipad 3...or its possible?

10. jawa6306

jawa6306
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't be trying any themes right now. From what I've been hearing the current themes available are incompatible with the retina display on the iPad3.

Seeing as it has a resolution that rivals most computers it will likely be a few weeks before we start seeing themes becoming readily available that are optimized for the 3. Everywhere I've been hearing about how themes are showing up off center, distorted, or stretched out of proportion.