What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@MuscleNerd playing around with iOS 5 Beta jailbreaks on ipt4g..... Aren't there more important things to worry about? :)

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elektrobank said:
@MuscleNerd playing around with iOS 5 Beta jailbreaks on ipt4g..... Aren't there more important things to worry about? :)

To be fair, it's probably a mealtime activity for him to jailbreak iOS5, given limerain.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
all apps and games go free forever. :sarcasm:

They do actually. Sorry mods, this one was too tempting. Not that I do such things, of course.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
Yeah, and pigs fly. Also, all apps and games go free forever. :sarcasm:

Why so pessimistic? There's no indication that the bootrom can't be dumped.

But there's no a single indication that bootrom can be dumped. While nobody can do that, it's officially undumpable.

So I'm with KaiHD. Can't take bootrom exploit prognosis seriously.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But there's no a single indication that bootrom can be dumped. While nobody can do that, it's officially undumpable.

So I'm with KaiHD. Can't take bootrom exploit prognosis seriously.

Yay, backup! Haha, but seriously, I was just messing around- I'm not mad or anything. Although, it would be nice if the JB for 4.3(.3) can be used for 5.0.1 ... (In the very unlikely event that it could happen.)

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be honest, in order to stay legit, and given the advances of the iOS 5 release, I am inclined to go with the next upgrade rather than go for a JB.

iWant my iCloud

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
Ios 5 hacked already..but on ipod touch!

It was bound to happen, as all the devices before iPad 2 were already pwned for life. Really wish someone could dump the iPad 2 bootrom

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My undying and everlasting gratitude to whoever dumps the iPad 2 bootrom! Or if you prefer, I'll be your bestest friend!
There, that'll motivate them. :D

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for them to release the untethered ios 5 beta jailbreak.

That's quite unlikely given past history wolfie. The dev teams rarely (if ever?) have released a JB for a beta iOS because it allows Apple to patch the exploits (particularly the untether) too easily before the GM is created. It's basically wasting an exploit...
A tethered one is perhaps the best you can hope for during a beta, and that's only if existing tools (or existing with minor tweaks) will work.
The great thing about the limera1n susceptible devices being pwned for life is that a tethered JB is never too far away, as was seen with MuscleNerd's unveiling of the iPT4 with iOS5 jailbroken earlier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts