What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

techknott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me about all this is that it seems to be delayed purely because comex is trying to get the thing to load faster on startup by not moving files around etc, right? Who cares about that? I mean, if it bothers him and he wants it done another way, surely the sensible thing to do would have been to release it 'as it were', and then modify it!

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comex just twitted this...

yeah, I'd love to fix unionfs but if I can't fix all my issues with it by tomorrow, it's cut

Maybe this means he is moving on and approaching a final release...

wikeaj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@techknott : just what you ask. comex just tweeted:

yeah, I'd love to fix unionfs but if I can't fix all my issues with it by tomorrow, it's cut

so it's tomorrow! with or without unionfs!!!

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@techknott : just what you ask. comex just tweeted:

so it's tomorrow! with or without unionfs!!!

YES GREAT NEWS! I dont think he will release it tomorrow though, it COULD Happen but I am thinking Sunday it will be released..but if he cant figure this unionfs thing screw it as long as we can make the jailbreak work who cares if it takes a few min to make it work

iCuiD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
still has to fix unionfs and tie up a couple of other loose ends before JailbreakMe 3.0 makes its first public appearance. [links deleted - DM51]

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is not jailbreak related but here is a question that I have that sorta is about the jailbreak..I have the iPad 2 32gb, but I have so much music and other apps on it I have decided to upgrade to the 64gb tomorrow(I called my local Apple store they have PLENTY) what I am afraid of is that someone told me on twitter that Apple might sign 4.3.3 so I wouldnt be able to jailbreak unless I saved my SHSH blob of it..do I have to worry when tomorrow I go and upgrade my iPad that Apple might sneak up 4.3.4 and screw me over LOL I know Im overly worried but no harm in asking

Kev2live

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
I know this is not jailbreak related but here is a question that I have that sorta is about the jailbreak..I have the iPad 2 32gb, but I have so much music and other apps on it I have decided to upgrade to the 64gb tomorrow(I called my local Apple store they have PLENTY) what I am afraid of is that someone told me on twitter that Apple might sign 4.3.3 so I wouldnt be able to jailbreak unless I saved my SHSH blob of it..do I have to worry when tomorrow I go and upgrade my iPad that Apple might sneak up 4.3.4 and screw me over LOL I know Im overly worried but no harm in asking

Really need a reply on this. I might upgrade also.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

Really need a reply on this. I might upgrade also.

I am still under warranty so I can upgrade but I am afraid that tomorrow while Im at the Apple store upgrading my iPad BOOM Apple will sign the 4.3.3 and then I wont be able to save the SHSH blob of it when I Get home

jowy520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comex twitted 2 days ago that he did fix unionfs on ipad 2:mad:comex: although I have not been getting enough sleep, I did fix unionfs on iPad 2 ... Il y a 2 jours from web
And now he is tweeting that he'd love to fix unionfs but if he can't fix it by tomorrow, that's too bad!
I don't understand.

dn1234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comex twitted 2 days ago that he did fix unionfs on ipad 2:mad:comex: although I have not been getting enough sleep, I did fix unionfs on iPad 2 ... Il y a 2 jours from web
And now he is tweeting that he'd love to fix unionfs but if he can't fix it by tomorrow, that's too bad!
I don't understand.

That's just part of the life of a software developer. You think you have things wrapped up and bam something else breaks or you realize that it never did fully work. I'm sure the statement was accurate at the time, just as his current statements are accurate.

Dave

Froznking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first post here and certainly my last.

I'll start by stating that this thread has two major issues - 1. Without an active, available jailbreak, it's existence is very much irrelevant as there's really no reason for anyone to post anything about a non-existent jailbreak. There have been numerous complaints now from long-term subscribers about incessant notifications for mundane and downright silly posts. My understanding was that this is a thread delivering news about the iPad 2 jailbreak, stands to reason therefore that if you do not have news, you should not be posting. End of irrelevant, incessant notifications.

2. There seems to have been fostered an inability for forum members to express any sort of negativity about the jailbreak process that has surrounded the iPad 2 through the immediate criticism of fellow members and warnings from the mods. Surely a 'forum' is just that - a medium through which people can express opinion? I'm sure I'm not alone in my opinion that the handling of the iPad 2 jailbreak by those parties involved has bordered on the absurd. I appreciate that these 'hackers' (of course, people who posses knowledge far exceeding that of my own in this area) have taken it upon themselves, without any form of direct financial remuneration, to supply us with a jailbreak but surely there are ways of actively informing the masses of the progress more effectively than sporadic tweets regarding technical jargon that most really couldn't care less about. Those involved have made a complete mockery of ETAs to the point where they have undermined the very belief in the existence of the jailbreak they claim to posses. It is glaringly ironic that the current jailbreak we're focusing on has apparently been delayed because of bugs in a process to make the jailbreak quicker. Surely that defines counter-productivity?

The vast majority of people who would actively consider jailbreaking an iPad 2 already own one and have been waiting for said jailbreak since launch. Release the damn thing already, in whatever form it takes, be it slow or fast. No-one cares.

PS, please put an end to the ass-licking 'I don't care how long it takes/I'll certainly be donating whenever it appears' comments. Cringeworthy stuff.

Cheers.

Why can't people be positive? Jb is not impossible it's insane to listen to all of theories from all of the "accredited" people in this chat forum. For news about jailbreak a thread that would be the SMART thing to subscribe to the LOCKED thread.. Guess that's just common sense. Please I do not want to lose any more faith in humanity, think before speaking, reread your post make sure it has some value, can forgive the noobs for reposts, but constant flaming is not the appropriate way to deal with others. Do you want me to yell at you because your not as smart as me?

Well that's pretty long winded for and I quote you "as there's really no reason for anyone to post anything about a non-existent jailbreak."

And as for "There have been numerous complaints now from long-term subscribers about incessant notifications for mundane and downright silly posts. ". This is a chat and stated as so. Don't go to far off topic but again it's a chat for jbing. And there is no free speech over the Internet, realistically speaking you do not have freedom of speech in any country. Learn to be respectful, take the crap and smile cause in the end you are a Freeman

"It is glaringly ironic that the current jailbreak we're focusing on has apparently been delayed because of bugs in a process to make the jailbreak quicker. Surely that defines counter-productivity?". -- no because I am pretty sure not many of you understand what his speed fix actually does. I do fully support speeding up opening stated program(dunno if I can say nam). I hate hate hate hate hate squared..lol joke.. Looking for a theme that should take 5 seconds takes 3 minutes because of the loading of the program.

" Those involved have made a complete mockery of ETAs to the point where they have undermined the very belief in the existence of the jailbreak they claim to posses" -- I am a project manager by trade. Now business partner. I have worked with construction, telecom, sales projects. Etas are lies told to the bank to keep the money flowing. Especially when it's coming from a programmer. They don't care about dates timing and crap he's thinking of the code, that he has written, will write and will write again cause some stupid bug that's usually a typo and not poorly written code.

Lol... Sooo tomorrow huh.. Doubtful, but hope floats.. But so do terds. :p. I really do want the unionfs change .. wish I knew more about macs.. Never touched one till I broke 3 palms a year ago.

DJ41

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am surprised that there is now only 1 person who is developping a jailbreak. All the other devs bailed out, even GeoHot. Could it be because Comex told them that he was very close? Or did it prove to be so difficult that the other devs just didn't want to do it?

I've also read that the new enhanced version of iphone 4 will be launched in september and also will have the A5 chip, with the same jailbreak problems.

jimakris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pcgameclone

Does anyone know something about the ipad 2 jailbreak @ pcgameclone.com?
Is it true or not? And if not then shouldn't someone go out and spread their fakeness all over the net? I mean that if this is a fake I don't see so much reaction to them.

milkshake28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DJ41 said:
I am surprised that there is now only 1 person who is developping a jailbreak. All the other devs bailed out, even GeoHot. Could it be because Comex told them that he was very close? Or did it prove to be so difficult that the other devs just didn't want to do it?

I've also read that the new enhanced version of iphone 4 will be launched in september and also will have the A5 chip, with the same jailbreak problems.

This could be true, unless the new rumour about greenpois0n "might" jailbreak the ipad 2, looks like there is alot of work behined the scenes unless this is a new hoax, here is the link http://www.redmondpie.com/ipad-2-jailbreak-with-greenpois0n-shatter-imminent/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts