What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is couple of things that you missed:
1) i0nic tweeted that "apple has won, no more jailbreaks", but he was actually trolling (as always) confirmed by comex and i think someone else. My advise is to unfollow him and only follow comex, musclenerd, and/or p0sixninja if you want the lastest news.

Thanks for the update!

I'm not following @i0nic since this "elevator" thing started. And yes I'm following only the other three guys you mentioned in your post :)

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 5 jailbreakable?

And for those of you who are wondering about if iOS 5 is jailbreakable, p0sixninja just tweeted:

No need to ask if iOS5 is jailbreakable. Apple can never patch the bootrom exploit

Which is obviously true because if they are able to find bootrom exploits for the A5 chip, the iPad 2 would be pwned for life, and presumably the future iPhone 4S/5 as well.

I already tweeted him back asking if there are any bootrom exploits found currently, I'll let you guys know if he replies to me

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I already tweeted him back asking if there are any bootrom exploits found currently, I'll let you guys know if he replies to me

Something tells me that if there was a bootrom exploit we would have known that the same day it was discovered.

This is something Apple can't patch with software updates. And that means there's no reason to hide it from Apple.

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, do you have a 3g Ipad?

I can't say for sure, but Im guessing that being at 4.3.1 or updating to 4.3.3 is preety much the same...

If musclenerd said that people should not update their 4.3.3 devices I dont see why not to update to 4.3.3... There is going to be a jb to 4.3 or 4.3.3 or both, but I dont think 4.3.1 is relevant...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

That's the same boat I'm in. I have iOS 4.3.2 on my iPad from stock so I think I might as well just upgrade to 4.3.3

There is really no point in updating... it is ALWAYS better to stay as low as possible when it comes to jailbreaking...

There aren't even major improvements or features in 4.3.1 to 4.3.2 and to 4.3.3, updating them won't do you any good at all.

What if a jailbreak comes out, and turns out one of the exploits found work for 4.3.2, and then it is nonexistent in 4.3.3? Unless you have saved your blobs earlier on, you really shouldn't update it.

When you plug in your iPad and it asks you to update it, just check the box to make it stop reminding you, problem solved.

P.S. save your 4.3.3 blob too

Good thought, I'm staying at 4.3.2 then :)

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[moderation: off topic comment deleted]

I am not a developer, but always when beta firmware was out, I tried it. And now MuscleNerd tells me not to, if I want my iPad to be jailbroken someday. Why not?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited by a moderator:

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Something tells me that if there was a bootrom exploit we would have known that the same day it was discovered.

This is something Apple can't patch with software updates. And that means there's no reason to hide it from Apple.

They could still change the hardware in iPhone 4S/5, which i dont think is even in production yet. It is always safer to keep it as a secret.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
In that case I am now unfollowing @i0n1c.

I am not a developer, but always when beta firmware was out, I tried it. And now MuscleNerd tells me not to, if I want my iPad to be jailbroken someday. Why not?

anyway, how can you try the beta firmware if you're not a developer? Did you get your iDevice's UDID activated or something?

MuscleNerd says not to try iOS 5 on your iPad 2, specifically the two 3G versions, because even if you saved the SHSH blobs for 4.3.x of your iPad 2 3G, you still will not be able to downgrade it back to 4.3.x later on because of the baseband issue. So when iPad 2 JB for 4.3.x comes around, you will be stuck on iOS 5... which will take even more time to jailbreak.

iPad 2 Wifi, however, does not have that problem as long as the SHSH blobs are saved.

But in my opinion, following what i said earlier, it is ALWAYS best to stay as low as possible when it comes to jailbreaking, especially when there is no jailbreak out yet as in the case with the iPad 2. Leave your iPad 2 alone, and try iOS 5 with an iPhone or iPod touch. Especially when iOS 5 supports the 3GS, you got more options

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
holymasteric said:

anyway, how can you try the beta firmware if you're not a developer? Did you get your iDevice's UDID activated or something?

MuscleNerd says not to try iOS 5 on your iPad 2, specifically the two 3G versions, because even if you saved the SHSH blobs for 4.3.x of your iPad 2 3G, you still will not be able to downgrade it back to 4.3.x later on because of the baseband issue. So when iPad 2 JB for 4.3.x comes around, you will be stuck on iOS 5... which will take even more time to jailbreak.

iPad 2 Wifi, however, does not have that problem as long as the SHSH blobs are saved.

But in my opinion, following what i said earlier, it is ALWAYS best to stay as low as possible when it comes to jailbreaking, especially when there is no jailbreak out yet as in the case with the iPad 2. Leave your iPad 2 alone, and try iOS 5 with an iPhone or iPod touch. Especially when iOS 5 supports the 3GS, you got more options

Just download the beta firmware and upgrade your iDevice by holding shift in iTunes. That's the way I did it before.

I have a iPad 2 wifi, so I can downgrade back to 4.3.1 when I upgraded to iOS 5? Nice.
But you are right, I will just stick with 4.3.1 and wait for the jailbreak to be released. Jailbreak is way better than iOS 5.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
holymasteric said:

Just download the beta firmware and upgrade your iDevice by holding shift in iTunes. That's the way I did it before.

I have a iPad 2 wifi, so I can downgrade back to 4.3.1 when I upgraded to iOS 5? Nice.
But you are right, I will just stick with 4.3.1 and wait for the jailbreak to be released. Jailbreak is way better than iOS 5.

I was sure that you need to have your iDevice's UDID registered with apple before testing out any beta firmwares, i was told that when you install the beta firmware, it simply won't work

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, take care, this thread is NOT to turn into a beta firmware how-to get it, install it, and recover the mess I get into because I don't know how to use a beta firmware, thread! Stay on topic. iPad2 Jailbreak! OK?

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel I might just upgrade to iOS 5. No need to pay for Notifications, Intelliscreen, etc. But then I wouldn't have MyWi and My3G. Hmm, decisions, decisions... :thoughtful:

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel I might just upgrade to iOS 5. No need to pay for Notifications, Intelliscreen, etc. But then I wouldn't have MyWi and My3G. Hmm, decisions, decisions... :thoughtful:

Well by the time iOS 5 officially comes out, bootrom exploits for the iPad 2 might already be found, so you could have the best of both worlds

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, take care, this thread is NOT to turn into a beta firmware how-to get it, install it, and recover the mess I get into because I don't know how to use a beta firmware, thread! Stay on topic. iPad2 Jailbreak! OK?

Yeah. Me thinks the clock is tickin....

I'm sorry, but i hardly think we were off topic at all. We were just talking about staying away from iOS 5 in order for our iPad 2's to be eligible for jailbreak as said by musclenerd. we know the rules.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yeah. Me thinks the clock is tickin....

I'm sorry, but i hardly think we were off topic at all. We were just talking about staying away from iOS 5 in order for our iPad 2's to be eligible for jailbreak as said by musclenerd. we know the rules.

Wow. What did Leigh just tell you?

Those are the rules. Okay?

End of discussion. Be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts