Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by D_LA_ROC, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaiHD

KaiHD iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Eh, I thought that the iPad 2 can't be downgraded? Especially using SHSH... I read that @f4780y says so on the iPad 2 JB News thread (Edited to fix errors):

EDIT: I've made a mistake in quoting @f4780y- This only applies to 3G models ONLY. Wi-Fi models do not have 3G radios, thus no base-band. Wi-Fi model owners can use the SHSH blobs as usual. Sorry for the error.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  2. Maberib

Maberib iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

My understanding is that saving your blob is not sufficient at this point in time.
  3. Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I Guess for me its not necessary since my iPad will be brand new and I won't be upgrading to IOS 5 so there really is no point in saving the blob but I will do it just to be on the safe side
  4. Lysin

Lysin iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I replied according to musclenerd explanation:

https://twitter.com/musclenerd/status/77905079046389760

@JaviMmSs the iPad2-wifi is fine (if you have 4.3.3 blobs) since it won't error out on the baseband step during downgrade

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  5. Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's great that Musclenerd responded to you..maybe u can ask when the darn jailbreak will be complete so we can start the countdown :)
  6. Lysin

Lysin iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That answer was not for me... Lol :p

I just used the information he gave to another user ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  7. bat0nas

bat0nas iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good morning! (yes.. it's morning here :p )

So many news and posts. Could anybody summarize what happened, what iPad2 owners can and cannot do right now?

As I understood:
    - Musclenerd indirectly talked that they're working on JB for 4.3.3
    - iPad2 3G owners shoudn't try iOS5 as they won't be able to downgrade to 4.x later even having BLOBS
    - p0sixninja confirmed that "weeks" is still valid. But no confirmation what iOS version it will support (just bile's multiple posts that they're targeting 4.3)

Have I missed anything?
  8. holymasteric

holymasteric iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can hardly say that MuscleNerd "indirectly" talked that they are working on the JB for 4.3.3, but anyway it was already known that they have been trying to find exploits for 4.3.x.

Yes iPad 2 GSM/CDMA users should not try iOS 5, and if you're not a developer you shouldn't be trying out iOS 5 anyway.

Weeks is still valid, but I'm guessing he still has a long way to go judging from his tweet about "long sleepless nights in the near future", I'm guessing around 2 to 3 more weeks. (What do you guys think)?

There is couple of things that you missed:
    1) i0nic tweeted that "apple has won, no more jailbreaks", but he was actually trolling (as always) confirmed by comex and i think someone else. My advise is to unfollow him and only follow comex, musclenerd, and/or p0sixninja if you want the lastest news.

2) MuscleNerd reassured us that iOS 5 delta over-the-air updates should not bring an end to jailbreaking, as jailbreaking should be able to stop those delta updates. And new codes "sometimes" bring new vulnerability and exploits
  9. sutty0000

sutty0000 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's the same boat I'm in. I have iOS 4.3.2 on my iPad from stock so I think I might as well just upgrade to 4.3.3
  10. holymasteric

holymasteric iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is really no point in updating... it is ALWAYS better to stay as low as possible when it comes to jailbreaking...

There aren't even major improvements or features in 4.3.1 to 4.3.2 and to 4.3.3, updating them won't do you any good at all.

What if a jailbreak comes out, and turns out one of the exploits found work for 4.3.2, and then it is nonexistent in 4.3.3? Unless you have saved your blobs earlier on, you really shouldn't update it.

When you plug in your iPad and it asks you to update it, just check the box to make it stop reminding you, problem solved.

P.S. save your 4.3.3 blob too
  11. bat0nas

bat0nas iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the update!

I'm not following @i0nic since this "elevator" thing started. And yes I'm following only the other three guys you mentioned in your post :)
  12. holymasteric

holymasteric iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    iOS 5 jailbreakable?

And for those of you who are wondering about if iOS 5 is jailbreakable, p0sixninja just tweeted:

No need to ask if iOS5 is jailbreakable. Apple can never patch the bootrom exploit

Which is obviously true because if they are able to find bootrom exploits for the A5 chip, the iPad 2 would be pwned for life, and presumably the future iPhone 4S/5 as well.

I already tweeted him back asking if there are any bootrom exploits found currently, I'll let you guys know if he replies to me
  13. bat0nas

bat0nas iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Something tells me that if there was a bootrom exploit we would have known that the same day it was discovered.

This is something Apple can't patch with software updates. And that means there's no reason to hide it from Apple.
  14. sutty0000

sutty0000 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good thought, I'm staying at 4.3.2 then :)
  15. RudyL90

RudyL90 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    [moderation: off topic comment deleted]

I am not a developer, but always when beta firmware was out, I tried it. And now MuscleNerd tells me not to, if I want my iPad to be jailbroken someday. Why not?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
  16. holymasteric

holymasteric iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They could still change the hardware in iPhone 4S/5, which i dont think is even in production yet. It is always safer to keep it as a secret.
  17. holymasteric

holymasteric iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [moderation: off topic comment deleted]

anyway, how can you try the beta firmware if you're not a developer? Did you get your iDevice's UDID activated or something?

MuscleNerd says not to try iOS 5 on your iPad 2, specifically the two 3G versions, because even if you saved the SHSH blobs for 4.3.x of your iPad 2 3G, you still will not be able to downgrade it back to 4.3.x later on because of the baseband issue. So when iPad 2 JB for 4.3.x comes around, you will be stuck on iOS 5... which will take even more time to jailbreak.

iPad 2 Wifi, however, does not have that problem as long as the SHSH blobs are saved.

But in my opinion, following what i said earlier, it is ALWAYS best to stay as low as possible when it comes to jailbreaking, especially when there is no jailbreak out yet as in the case with the iPad 2. Leave your iPad 2 alone, and try iOS 5 with an iPhone or iPod touch. Especially when iOS 5 supports the 3GS, you got more options
  18. RudyL90

RudyL90 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Just download the beta firmware and upgrade your iDevice by holding shift in iTunes. That's the way I did it before.

I have a iPad 2 wifi, so I can downgrade back to 4.3.1 when I upgraded to iOS 5? Nice.
    But you are right, I will just stick with 4.3.1 and wait for the jailbreak to be released. Jailbreak is way better than iOS 5.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
  19. holymasteric

holymasteric iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was sure that you need to have your iDevice's UDID registered with apple before testing out any beta firmwares, i was told that when you install the beta firmware, it simply won't work
  20. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635 / 0
    Guys, take care, this thread is NOT to turn into a beta firmware how-to get it, install it, and recover the mess I get into because I don't know how to use a beta firmware, thread! Stay on topic. iPad2 Jailbreak! OK?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.