What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sassyhael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pls anyone advise me if there's jailbreak available for ipad 2 3g with ios 4.3.5. Thanks in advance! ^__^

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
horreybo20 said:
I am a newbie...I was having the same problem trying to delete tv shows from my ipad to upload more. I clicked on videos, then click on EDIT top right, an X will come up beside the show, click delete.
Im confused...

What's that got to do with the jailbreak?

sassyhael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. :D hope jailbreak will available as earlier as possible. *crossfinger* ^__^

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
prodhprod said:
How will you enable USB storage in your jailbroken iPad?

With the jail break isn't there an app that allows you to upload from USB storage through the camera adapter, or am I stuck with iTunes? If that's the case I'm just going to use drop box

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With a jail break and the Cydia tweak iFile ($4.00, USD), you'll be able to access an SD card or a USB device via the Camera Connection Kit (CCK). The card or the USB flash drive will appear in iFiles viewing pane, just like a "regular" computer. So, you can transfer any files back and forth.

The only limitation to this is Apple's reducing of the power of the charging port - some (most?) USB sticks don't work as they require too much power to run. This has not been seen to be the case with SD cards, which people report work all the time (up to 32GB).

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

To bring the thread back on topic - come on jail break! :D

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
With a jail break and the Cydia tweak iFile ($4.00, USD), you'll be able to access an SD card or a USB device via the Camera Connection Kit (CCK). The card or the USB flash drive will appear in iFiles viewing pane, just like a "regular" computer. So, you can transfer any files back and forth.

The only limitation to this is Apple's reducing of the power of the charging port - some (most?) USB sticks don't work as they require too much power to run. This has not been seen to be the case with SD cards, which people report work all the time (up to 32GB).

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

To bring the thread back on topic - come on jail break! :D

You're awesome!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone should note that the corona exploit (used to untether the 5.0.1 jailbreak) HAS been patched in IOS 5.1 beta 3, therefore 5.0.1 will be the ONLY version supported for untethered jailbreaking for a while. Make sure you are adequately prepared to be on this version before Apple closes the signing window on 5.0.1 which will likely be within 24 hours of releasing 5.1 (and no, we do not know the release date for 5.1 yet).

Remember, saving 5.0.1 blobs will NOT be sufficient protection for the iPad2. See here for more details on blobs - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/59291-shsh-blobs-faq-new-improved-2012-a.html

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even though you can't use redsnow or ifaith with the iPad 2 or iPhone 4s I've still been saving blobs just incase there is a break through in the future. f4780y are there any other actions you recommend for future protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions