What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have updated the initial post to keep it factually correct, but please note, nothing has changed regarding the satus of the iPad2 jailbreak. It remains 4.3.3 or nothing. It is simply that iPad2 3G GSM owners who have saved blobs are now able to restore that firmware using TinyCFW or redsn0w 0.9.9b9 and TinyUmbrella, wheras they were previously unable to.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I have updated the initial post to keep it factually correct, but please note, nothing has changed regarding the satus of the iPad2 jailbreak. It remains 4.3.3 or nothing. It is simply that iPad2 3G GSM owners who have saved blobs are now able to restore that firmware using TinyCFW or redsn0w 0.9.9b9 and TinyUmbrella, wheras they were previously unable to.
Keep the updates coming f4780y 

rickyricardo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My apologies. When you said you "looked" at the tutorial and queried whether you could get 5.0.1 without it being installed, it didn't give me much confidence you had followed all the steps or read the information posted here about SHSH Blobs. Most folks just glance over and assume what they did was the same.
Glad you got it fixed.

No worries f4780y, cant be easy answering so many questions especially when they are the same ones over and over. For what it is worth...........I think you are (as well as everyone else on the site) doing an awesome job.

Thanks.

q77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad 2 with wifi and GSM modules. Now I'm on iOS 5.0. Should I do update to 5.0.1?
New JB will be working also with 5.0 or only with 5.0.1?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
q77 said:
I have iPad 2 with wifi and GSM modules. Now I'm on iOS 5.0. Should I do update to 5.0.1?
New JB will be working also with 5.0 or only with 5.0.1?

Nobody knows the answer till it's released. It will likely work on 5.0.1, BUT if you stay on 5.0 then you keep your options open. Once you upgrade your iPad2 to 5.0.1 you can NEVER go back to 5.0 as things stand today. The decision is yours.

bL33d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad2 running ios 4.3 i open jailbreakme and its says not supported on ipad2 ?

MacXPS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks alot previously my ipad2 has iOS 4.3.3 and was jailbroken ,but after sometime 3g stopped working then I upgrade to ios 5 ,then I came here
This thread helped me a lot while I was trying to restore my iPad to 4.3.3
Thank u so much

rickrvo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Come on people! New Year, new Jailbreak! :D Time for the end of the world and new era of jailbroken ipad2! lolol

Last edited:

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Novian00 said:
I'm waiting for jail breaking ipad 2 ios 5.0.1... When will it be... ? :(
I wish I was paid a dollar everytime that question was asked

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Novian00 said:
Hehehe.... :D
On a serious note, the best advice I can give you is to continue following this thread and also 'jailbreaking methods for the iPad' thread, this is where I found out about the 4.3.3 jb for iPad 2 and the 5.0.1 jb for a4 devices (iPad 1 and iPhone 4)

If there was a jailbreak at the moment or (in the very rare case) an eta for a jb it WILL be here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts