What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinisterrj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new in the forum and i have my ipad 2 since july and It was jailbroken by jailbreakme.com. After the jailbreak every time i plug my ipad on computer, iTunes sends me a message telling that some apps aren't syncronized with my itunes acount and asks me to syncronize it, warning me that some apps could be erased. Everytime i clicked on "OK" button nothing strange happened. But last time some apps have been deleted. There is anyway to get my data back? I use a note app (whitenote) and dont want to loose all my notes.

Thanks

Rodrigo

Ipad2_Gamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sinisterrj said:
Hi Guys,

I'm new in the forum and i have my ipad 2 since july and It was jailbroken by jailbreakme.com. After the jailbreak every time i plug my ipad on computer, iTunes sends me a message telling that some apps aren't syncronized with my itunes acount and asks me to syncronize it, warning me that some apps could be erased. Everytime i clicked on "OK" button nothing strange happened. But last time some apps have been deleted. There is anyway to get my data back? I use a note app (whitenote) and dont want to loose all my notes.

Thanks

Rodrigo

I have ipad2.. 5.0.1 and I was wondering if there was a jailbreak for it or a way to downgrade I went to site and downloaded 4.3.3 but when I try to restartit comes with a error 1019 I think. and of course I don't want to pay so if there's a site or a way of fixing the error thx.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no, repeat, no, jail break for the iPad2 running iOS 5.0.1 firmware.

Please follow this thread for any news updates.

And no, you cannot load iOS 4.3.3 unless you have SHSH blobs, which from your description of your iTunes error, you don't have.

Trust me, once the jail break comes (if ever), it will be all over the Internet. For now, you'll have to join the rest of the hopeful iPad2 owners.

Marilyn

Last edited:

ashtemple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is hope...

Your link is broken and please do not post links. We have our own JB team that will keep this forum up to date.

Last edited by a moderator:

rp1030

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello thread, I am new to this forum, and like everyone else, I did not look at the rules in great detail. Anyways, I was wondering, If I find out anything about IOS 5 (updates on the progress of jailbreak), is it alright to post links here?

I am asking first, just so I do not get my post deleted, or even worse, banned from this forum XD

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello topic, I am new to this forum, and like everyone else, I did not look at the rules in great detail. Anyways, I was wondering, If I find out anything about IOS 5 (updates on the progress of jailbreak), is it alright to post links here?

No it is not ~ We have an entire section and team dedicated to keeping over 100K members informed of the latest JB news!

Thank you, though! :)

Read those pesky lil rules!

Mbagni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear all,
I wish to ask a question that has keeping turning in my head after having read many threads on this blessed jailbreak for iPad2.
Is it correct that, so far, the only jailbreak available does NOT apply to the 3G models?
Any insider news regarding the, hopefully soon, 5.0.0 jailbreak?
I am asking this since I have a 3G model and if my understandings are confirmed I will put my soul in peace and stop checking for the next jailbreak.
Thanks in advance!
Marco

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As of right now, only the iPad1 (first generation) can be jail broken on any firmware up to iOS 5.0 or 5.0.1. Of course, this depends on what SHSH blobs have been saved.

The only jailbreak available today for the iPad2 is on iOS 4.3.3. It's an untethered jailbreak. If you don't have SHSH blobs for that version AND have a 3G iPad2, you cannot downgrade to that version to jail break.

The current wisdom for the iPad2 (I am assuming that's what you have, an iPad2 with 3G) is to sit tight on iOS 5.0 and hope a jailbreak gets released soon.

Oh, you can download the .exe file Tiny Umbrella and save the SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1 today. Right now, they are no good to an iPad2 user, but you never know what the future holds...

Hope this helps and answers your questions.

Marilyn

bobbyb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pod2g exploits on iOS 5.0.1 are very interesting...hope it will be released this month ;)...and jb community will have a joyous xmas...good luck to you pod2g! Break a leg! Hope you deliver us from evil..amen! ;)

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
podg has blogged that it's a go with the A4 devices but I'm getting more nervous about my other devices. It sounds like an exploit that should work on all, but it's obvious that 5.1 is not too far away! I may just jump, it doesn't sound like anyone else from the Dev team has any leads lately.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thread should be updated soon, iPad 2 3G owners with saved 4.3.3 blobs, can downgrade from iOS 5 to 4.3.3 if needed.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was surprising news. It will be tempting if the other jailbreak doesn't come to go back for a bit on a fresh install.

Also, it's only the AT&T version.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Poser said:
thread should be updated soon, iPad 2 3G owners with saved 4.3.3 blobs, can downgrade from iOS 5 to 4.3.3 if needed.
So they managed to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions