What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
engelke2011 said:
New saurik Tweet

saurik Jay Freeman (saurik)
(In fact, @comex is in /such/ a hurry that his new jailbreak will have a poorly tested kernel driver in it. :( I'd wait a week to use it...)

Yeah, That's gonna happen...

Sent from my pad via my iPad using iPF

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
engelke2011 said:
New saurik Tweet

(In fact, @comex is in /such/ a hurry that his new jailbreak will have a poorly tested kernel driver in it. :( I'd wait a week to use it...)

We can go to twitter and see. We don't need every tweet posted here.

This threads problem has hardly been too little real information, not everyone follows all these people on twitter.

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New saurik Tweet

if its anything like the leaked 4.30- then we have nothing to worry about...i just hope its not inferior to 4.30, cos its running great! :confused:

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64gb wifi model (3.40) :D

sati747

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blobs aren't really useful if you have the 3G ipads yes?

Correct, but in the future if a bootrom exploit is found as we all hope it will, blobs you save today may be of great use!

okay thanks! still leaves me the dilemma of whether I should stay on 4.3 or switch to 4.3.3. What would f4780y do?

I'd stay on 4.3 in case 4.3.3 has some unknown/hidden feature, i.e. auto update to the newest version as rumored.

I have a 3G 32gb ipad2 came with 4.3.3. After playing with leaked PDFs, it wont load Safari anymore. I was trying to restore to 4.3.3 with TU (and saved 4.3.3 blob) but got 1013 error until I unchecked all Cydia options. This most likely proves the 3G version can't restore using TU even with blob saved. WTW, later I found out that a simple restore from itune will do the same job (brought Safari back to normal) if you backed-up suing itune.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
engelke2011 said:
New saurik Tweet

Lol, I can see the leaked jb being less buggy than then "official" jb :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRaptor25 said:
This threads problem has hardly been too little real information, not everyone follows all these people on twitter.

But they can. It's not info only accessible by one person.

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I'd download the firmware and have it ready to restore but wouldn't actually do anything until the jailbreak us released. Especially if you are lucky enough to already be jailbroken. You never know if comex is going to delay it for a month to give everyone a chance to upgrade lol

I've heard the word "soon" soooo many times it's lost any rational meaning

Cflan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:

No, but neither is anything posted here. It's not like we're sitting here waiting for one person to appear and tell us something magical. It's a chat and what was said is much more useful than some of the things posted. Everything about the jailbreak could technically be found by everyone here, but of course this is a chat thread meaning people might find actual info useful.

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRaptor25 said:

This is a message board. Posting things from other places and then discussing them is kind of the entire basis.

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To the people who tried the leaked jailbreak and safari keeps crashing, an easy fix for it is to go to settings and clear history for safari. (fix for safari not to keep crashing that is....)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a difference between the open I Internet, and twitter. Both are accessible by anyone.
A website with some helpful info may be only known by one member so that member shares that website so everyone else can know.
Twitter, is enormous. Everyone knows about it and it is very simple to find tweets by comex and co.

bazzer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To the people who tried the leaked jailbreak and safari keeps crashing, an easy fix for it is to go to settings and clear history for safari. (fix for safari not to keep crashing that is....)

Starting safari and quickly touching the adress bar also works. That's the easiest fix I think.

MonoJoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick question about the jb and iOS please. My link to download shows iOS versions for iPad 2, iPad 2,2 and iPad 2,3. I googled but can't find any info on how to find out which "version" I have. I bought my iPad 2 about a month after release in Australia if that's relevant? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts